Capt Tom & family trolled

hodge911

What is it with these morons !! .

Hiding in the dark behind keyboards slating the old boy who done more for public nhs in the last few months of his life than they'll ever do even if they live to be 100. 

Yet I bet they have no problem taking from the N.H.S ... I.M.H.O.  they deserve to tracked like all cyber criminals and prosecuted & named & shamed .

Pure scum

Edited by hodge911
Spelling correction

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, AVB said:

Do people not feel uncomfortable about prosecuting people for saying things that they don't like/don't agree with? Whilst trolling is unpleasant it's dangerous territory to start prosecuting people because they offended somebody. 

Whilst I agree with this, it also makes a difference exactly what was said which may have been threatening in nature.

48 minutes ago, AVB said:

Do people not feel uncomfortable about prosecuting people for saying things that they don't like/don't agree with? Whilst trolling is unpleasant it's dangerous territory to start prosecuting people because they offended somebody. 

So how do you propose to deal with these people?

Or would you just let them do their worst?

I’m all for free speech and I don’t think any right minded person pays any attention to what an obvious or distasteful troll has to say and the response is to point and laugh or ignore them.

However, it’s an interesting subject about people anonymously gobbing off on line and seeking to deliberately cause damage / aggravation for example through Google and Trust Pilot reviews.

With freedoms come responsibilities and people should be responsible and accountable for what they say and with this in mind the process for identifying anonymous posters should be streamlined and made far far easier. Anyone who has been on the receiving end of a false review will know how impossible it is to get any information or anything at all out of Google. 

1 hour ago, AVB said:

I agree in principle with your comments however people should  be protected against foul, abusive and untrue comments. I’m all for free speech in our society but safeguards are required to protect individuals in these circumstances 

Trolls appear on line, safe in the knowledge that they can say what they want without fear of being sued for Libel. 

I would not wish to stop people speaking their mind, providing they are willing to stand the consequences. If they are unwilling to remove their cloak of anonymity, I don't think they should have the right to publish whatever takes their nasty fancy.

Small minded people who could only hope to achieve 1/100th of what Capt Tom did in the time he had available to him. Unfortunately it follows the general pattern of a certain small proportion of society who not having achieved anything worthwhile themselves are only too keen to knock those down who have.  

While the internet is probably one of our greatest achievements in the access to knowledge it gives away freely the down side is it give a platform for people to air their views which in times past would be kept to themselves as they wouldn't have the guts to voice it in public in person. 

3 minutes ago, JDog said:

What I don't get is how come his daughters thought it would be a good idea to take him to Barbados in December. 

The old boy had always wanted to go...in modern terms, it was on his bucket list. His daughter explains how they gave it great thought but he said it was his wish and he enjoyed every moment being there, barbecues on the beach, eating out, enjoying his last days with his family. Nice small piece about 4 inches square in the Telegraph this morning.

1 hour ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

So how do you propose to deal with these people?

Or would you just let them do their worst?

I find ignoring them helps. In the old days you had 'Speakers Corner' where you could stand and spout any old rubbish. If you were interested you listened. If you disagreed you heckled or didn't bother listening. The Internet has replaced Speakers Corner. Do you really think that spending time and money to prosecute these trolls is worthwhile? And if so where does it end? Calling somebody a ****** on a bulletin board? 

2 minutes ago, AVB said:

I find ignoring them helps. In the old days you had 'Speakers Corner' where you could stand and spout any old rubbish. If you were interested you listened. If you disagreed you heckled or didn't bother listening. The Internet has replaced Speakers Corner. Do you really think that spending time and money to prosecute these trolls is worthwhile? And if so where does it end? Calling somebody a ****** on a bulletin board? 

Oh I agree about Speakers corner and not bothering to prosecute them.

Much better to treat them as they have done and post their names, addresses and images on their beloved social media.

Then let the public deal with them.

Edited by TIGHTCHOKE

42 minutes ago, islandgun said:

The green eyed monster reared its ugly head..😒

Yes, it’s all only because he got a trip to Barb.

So he raised the thick end of £35m for the NHS and BA threw him and family a free trip. On any analysis he and his family earned that trip or a trip like it.

If I were 100+ and was offered a trip to Barb  with my nearest and dearest followed by Covid or the 4 walls of a care home in Wales.... well, the only question I’d have is ‘can I meet Garfield Sobers please?’

Edited by Mungler

21 minutes ago, Mungler said:

Yes, it’s all only because he got a trip to Barb.

So he raised the thick end of £35m for the NHS and BA threw him and family a free trip. On any analysis he and his family earned that trip or a trip like it.

If I were 100+ and was offered a trip to Barb  with my nearest and dearest followed by Covid or the 4 walls of a care home in Wales.... well, the only question I’d have is ‘can I meet Garfield Sobers please?’

I certainly agree 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣👍👍👍👍🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳

39 minutes ago, old'un said:

Don't think its the internet that's the problem, you get people being nasty, whatever shape or form it takes.

Heard a man on the news the other day say "Before the internet people used to write on toilet walls"

Edited by islandgun