Capt Tom & family trolled

hodge911

2 hours ago, blackbird said:

The internet must be one of the most evil inventions ever devised.

And here we get to it.

Prosecute @blackbird for trolling.

Now.

It offends me.

He can't seriously have complained about the internet being evil on a public forum on the internet, can he?  Must be a troll.

Must.

Record it as a hate incident.  As a self identified lesbian-of-colour, i find it offensive.

Dooes he seriously think something originally conceived to allow redundant communications in the event of nuclear war was conceived to be evil and of itself?

Offensive to my millennial sensibilities.

2 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

So how do you propose to deal with these people?

Or would you just let them do their worst?

Sticks and stones.  Let them have at it.  They'll move onto something else new pretty soon.  The more you give these people the oxygen of publicity, the more they thrive.  This includes prosecutions.  This is the reason that things like holocaust denial aren't actually crimes - on balance you make things worse by prosecuting people for such things.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, udderlyoffroad said:

And here we get to it.

Prosecute @blackbird for trolling.

Now.

It offends me.

He can't seriously have complained about the internet being evil on a public forum on the internet, can he?  Must be a troll.

Must.

Record it as a hate incident.  As a self identified lesbian-of-colour, i find it offensive.

Dooes he seriously think something originally conceived to allow redundant communications in the event of nuclear war was conceived to be evil and of itself?

Offensive to my millennial sensibilities.

Sticks and stones.  Let them have at it.  They'll move onto something else new pretty soon.  The more you give these people the oxygen of publicity, the more they thrive.  This includes prosecutions.  This is the reason that things like holocaust denial aren't actually crimes - on balance you make things worse by prosecuting people for such things.

There we go again it’s all BB fault 😀

well, the only question I’d have is ‘can I meet Garfield Sobers please?’

He was one of my cricketing heroes and on a different planet to Flintoff and Botham. 

I interviewed a very nice girl around 1990, who had the surname and originated from the same island as Garry. Once the interview was over, I asked her if she knew him - I wasn't aware that it might be a common name. She was Emma Sobers - his niece. She had already got the job, so it had no way of affecting the outcome.

Whilst it may not be against the law to troll a decorated old war veteran during the last months of his life , it would still be very nice if someone could pop round to the trolls house , and punch the despicable xxxxxxx in the face until he said sorry.

5 hours ago, AVB said:

Do people not feel uncomfortable about prosecuting people for saying things that they don't like/don't agree with? Whilst trolling is unpleasant it's dangerous territory to start prosecuting people because they offended somebody. 

Totally agree, but since people get visits from the Police for disagreeing with the professionally offended of Twitter, or for saying a bloke doesn’t become a woman for wearing a dress and a wig and claiming to be a woman, anyone who has trolled Capt Tom should also receive a visit (preferably from some large gentlemen who wear maroon berets).

15 minutes ago, loriusgarrulus said:

He was a lovely old man who did tremendous things for his country in his lifetime. With the best will in the world at 100years old he didnt have long to go. A trip to Barbados was his dream. I am glad he got to go and enjoy it. 

I am sure he was a lovely bloke. The cynic in me wonders if his family thought "ooh here's the chance of a free first class trip to Barbados, Dad why don't you put it on your bucket list and come along"! I hope not. 

14 minutes ago, AVB said:

I am sure he was a lovely bloke. The cynic in me wonders if his family thought "ooh here's the chance of a free first class trip to Barbados, Dad why don't you put it on your bucket list and come along"! I hope not. 

If it was my old man & they offered him a free first class holiday to Barbados 🇧🇧 no way on earth he would have declined that 😀

2 hours ago, 12gauge82 said:

What's wrong with Barbados in December? 

Who in his right mind would want to spend two weeks in endless sunshine in Barbados 🇧🇧 December when you could be in Britain freezing your balls off 🥶 & up to your knees in rain water

Edited by blackbird

4 hours ago, AVB said:

Xxxx me that's a odd way to look at things 😅.

It's impossible to say without knowing the family , but they really do seem like a thoroughly decent bunch of people 👍

1 hour ago, blackbird said:

Who in his right mind would want to spend two weeks in endless sunshine in Barbados 🇧🇧 December when you could be in Britain freezing your balls off 🥶 & up to your knees in rain water

This lock down has really bought some really small minded people out of the woodwork who think they have some sort of higher knowledge and should be able to dictate how everyone else should behave. 

2 hours ago, mel b3 said:

Xxxx me that's a odd way to look at things 😅.

It's impossible to say without knowing the family , but they really do seem like a thoroughly decent bunch of people 👍

too many years of working with utter **** holes. You are right they seem decent. 

1 hour ago, 12gauge82 said:

This lock down has really bought some really small minded people out of the woodwork who think they have some sort of higher knowledge and should be able to dictate how everyone else should behave. 

Like Piers Morgan. A lockdown fanatic who jets of to Antigua at the first opportunity because he can. 

18 minutes ago, oscarsdad said:

One of the trolls has had his picture shown in the press today, based of his attire, I cannot help but assume that his dislike of Captain Tom is politically motivated. 

Do you have a link?

Found one;

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/14075420/captain-sir-tom-moore-troll-pictured/

4 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

I hadn’t seen the content of what he said...but was right just from his football shirt. If he doesn’t like the freedom afforded to him as a result of the actions of British servicemen and women, he is welcome to leave the UK. I can’t write anything else for fear of being banned from the forum.