• 5 months later...

Hi Wymberly,

The reason we are not yet loading a 65mm case is that have not yet expanded the prime cases that we stock to include a 65mm option.

However we are looking at this for next year.

Unfortunately the mass market is 70mm cases and this was the market we chose for our first product launch.

Andrew. 

3 hours ago, Empire Andrew said:

Hi Wymberly,

The reason we are not yet loading a 65mm case is that have not yet expanded the prime cases that we stock to include a 65mm option.

However we are looking at this for next year.

Unfortunately the mass market is 70mm cases and this was the market we chose for our first product launch.

Andrew. 

I'm just puzzled why a new outfit looking for business doesn't answer emails. However, your reply is to Dave really but has also answered my query. This is going to reflect that I have no business sense, but I would have avoided trying to compete with the mass market as a start up and looked at a niche. Dave's interest is one and mine being 20 bore 7 shot ( 12 also, of course) is another

23 minutes ago, Stonepark said:

I would guess that at about £100k per machine line set up, getting the 70mm one and earning back the money is priority before spending another £100k for a 65mm machine.

Makes sense provided you can get the quality and price levels favourably set for  success.

With a bit of luck, it looks as though Lyalvale have either found out how to make high quality true to size 7 shot, either that, or where to buy it (see Shot Size comparison chart above).

I would hope just like home reloading machines, any commercial loading machine can load 65mm, 67mm and 70mm cases by adjustment of the tools.

reading what Andrew has written they do not have the cases in 65mm and probably not viable in production quantities to cut 70mm down to 65mm as we can do as reloaders.

13 minutes ago, Empire Andrew said:

@wymberley apologies if we have missed your email, we get a lot and they do get missed occasionally.

We do load a true to size 7 (2.4mm) however you’d be surprised how few of these we actually sell despite how many people purport to want them. 

Our equipment can load 65mm just not the stock (primed cases and packaging).

Many thanks, accepted.

Re the 7s, I'm not too surprised. If we put to one side the timewasters who don't really shoot as much as they'd have everyone believe - if at all, then what is left is an age thing. It seems to me that the younger shooters have been fed on bigger and heavier is better so naturally want even bigger and they are in the ascendant. The older folk who KNOW the capability of smaller shot where applicable are in decline.