Model guns in kit form??

foxbasher

Evening all, cant say I've ever seen them before but does anyone know of a company (possibly airfix or the like) that used to produce plastic model guns in 1/1 scale???? I inherited some a while back and they've been stuck over the wall of the man den as curios, cant seem to find much online about them though. There's no makers name, just original txt on the sides/barrels. I don't think they would be allowed to make them now due to them being classed as a realistic imitation firearm, all be it made of plastic. 

From memory there's a p38 out in the den and a luger, think there's a broom handle mauser as well. Think there's about a dozen or so models in total. I'll get you a few pics at the weekend. Their not all that realistic looking but like most kits I think they should have been painted 

1 hour ago, foxbasher said:

From memory there's a p38 out in the den and a luger, think there's a broom handle mauser as well. Think there's about a dozen or so models in total. I'll get you a few pics at the weekend. Their not all that realistic looking but like most kits I think they should have been painted 

The two I recall owning were the Colt SAA revolver and the P38
Funny thing about the latter - when I owned a real P38 some years later, I knew all the internals already and how to strip it because I'd built the kit

Wonder what one would look like once given a mild sanding and an application of Duracoat?

The thing I liked about them was although they were a plastic kit, it was not like they were 12 parts becomes a plane wing and look at the seams, it was each part WAS a genuine part - but in plastic = you basically were buying a full sized plastic copy - all the molds for the parts must have been made using a stripped real gun.
They were a good way to learn the internals and such, a pity they were taken over

I never had the sixgun type cap gun - though for some reason the cap gun I had was sort of Luger shaped.
Not as competitive when everyone else had proper holsters for theirs....so at the tender age of about 5 or 6 I excused myself, nipped into the dining room, grabbed the sewing box & a couple of leather elbow patches and a needle/thread and promptly made a holster. Only a partial success....but I've put in a few decades practice getting them right since

Great topic my dad made the Luger and the Walter when I was younger they were superb models with working parts load able magazines with plastic bullets and with Woking slide and toggle mechanisms and I have found the box to the Luger still has the instructions in brings back some great memories 

333CB72B-D940-4ED9-900A-FF03F9A60CD0.jpeg