Not more sticks !

boo

I've been working on 3 sticks this week , a buffalo crook on a blackthorn, and something a bit different, made some laminate up of ash , purple heart & think sapele? What I had bits of , mounted on a striped chestnut shank , bit funky looking! Lastly just finishing straightening a blackthorn thumbstick, on day 3 of that ! Hopefully be done today..

20210219_110504.jpg

20210219_110454.jpg

Laminate more for show , than working, but carnt really see an issue, wood glues are probably stronger than the wood , just something tol mess about with , angled joint is probably easier than a butt joint, seriously just cut on the bandsaw ( pre drill holes first ! ) then final fit with chalk & blade/ file , really not that difficult.........honest๐Ÿ˜‰

I was told over 30yrs ago that angled joints where far easier than straight butt joints. I cannot remember his name but he was at almost all country shows back then and did some really beautiful carvings for stick tops ....now Tom seems to come up in my memory. Anyone else know him.ย  Long ginger hair and beard. Very nice guy.