Approx cost of pre-cast basic concrete bridge?

sandspider

Hi all

Slightly random, but does anyone have any ideas of costs for pre-cast concrete bridges? Not very big, maybe 1m high by 1.5m span. I've asked for quotes from a couple of places but no one has got back to me. Just a very rough figure would do for now. Anyone had one recently? Or can recommend a supplier / installer in the South West?

Thank you.

I'd use a culvert pipe for that span and then put concrete over if you need heavy loads over it. 

To buy a precast one would be hard as the engineering calcs and how it's fitted all have bearing on its design.  You used to be able to buy them years ago where they sat on pre built engineering brick pillars each side.

Had a quick look and it's either pre cast bridge beams or box culvert sections.

I'd go with concrete railway sleepers as Waljwr570 said cheap and easy to get hold of.

Edited by figgy

Thanks all.

It's to cross a stream. Stone foundations in place, but would need a bit of patching up.

Just trying to figure out if it's cheaper to patch up the existing bridge (which is a bit too small and quite aged now - lime mortarted stone) or replace with something modern, less characterful but stronger and longer lasting.

A big culvert pipe would probably work. I'll have a look at costs. Access isn't great, however.

For a span of 1.5 m. Just use precast concrete lintels 200x100mm, easily picked up from a builders merchant and just lay them side by side., get them 1.8m long which will give you 150mm bearing at each end. Precast concrete rectangular section kerb stones laid flat will provide a good padstone bearing at each end.

Edited by Fisheruk

Thanks folks. Will look on TFF too.

Bridge needs to take at least 12 tons weight, mini oil tankers, and feeds 4 or 5 houses, so I'm not willing to self build it. Stream is usually medium flow, but in winter it can really flood and has a lot of power. (This scoured out and cracked the bridge foundations in the flooding last year)

Will try SWP, cheers.