New project Yamaha Breeze

powler

Hi, I was given this today as a friend was clearing out his unit. It is a Yamaha Breeze 125cc I got the numbers off it and found a pdf format workshop manual.

I did start to strip the plastics but rain stopped play as I have no shed room to put it in. Not sure how much it will be tarted up as it will be a farm bike in the end but looking at its condition it will take time to get it running, poor thing has had a hard life. Need to sort a fuel tank and seat as these are missing which is a pain as money it tight.

Mick

breeze.JPG

13 hours ago, ditchman said:

god loves a trier :good:

Thats strange Mrs P says I'm very trying.

Put it on blocks yesterday and in gear I could turn the engine, so thats not seized.

Got a fuel tank ordered for £20 from the bay, also spark plug and cap. Just going to buy inlet boot/manifold as its more perished than a perished thing.

Mick

I'll get it running first as its pretty then decide as its basic to take out the engine and strip down to spray, the frame is bent at the front so will need sorting.

Once I get a spark plug and the new inlet manifold on it I'll give it a good clean, change the oil and clean the mesh oil filter, fit the fuel tank and connect to my car battery to see if it turns over on the electrics ok.

Not sure if its worth stripping the engine at the moment as its been in a dry shed since being parked up and the pug hole covered.

33 minutes ago, gdadphil said:

Sell it to Mel b3 for moving logs? 😃

I've actually been giving a quad a bit more thought today , my mate is having a look at one in the week for me . It'll most likely be once lockdown is lifted before I do much more that think about it though.

Just went to check the timing yesterday before trying to turn over, seems someone has taken the sprocket off the camshaft and I would say they have just dropped the chain into the engine, so I either take out the engine and strip it or scrap it.

I'm leaning towards scraping it as who know what else could be wrong with the engine. I don't want to spend to much on it already bought a starter relay, fuel tank and battery.

On 27/02/2021 at 07:44, powler said:

Just went to check the timing yesterday before trying to turn over, seems someone has taken the sprocket off the camshaft and I would say they have just dropped the chain into the engine, so I either take out the engine and strip it or scrap it.

I'm leaning towards scraping it as who know what else could be wrong with the engine. I don't want to spend to much on it already bought a starter relay, fuel tank and battery.

had you thought about pulling the engine out , and replacing it with an electric motor , and battery pack ?.

11 minutes ago, mel b3 said:

had you thought about pulling the engine out , and replacing it with an electric motor , and battery pack ?.

No I haven't Mel, but the cost of that would be to much I think. think I may aswell pull the engine out and strip it down and go from there.

2 hours ago, powler said:

No I haven't Mel, but the cost of that would be to much I think. think I may aswell pull the engine out and strip it down and go from there.

youre probably right . i looked at building a silent electric quad for lamping , and as i remember , the motors and batteries didnt come cheap.