Mars Rover Landed

The Heron

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Scully said:

Not really. Hell of an achievement admittedly, but not one I can envisage if you know what I mean. Too mind boggling really. 
It’ll be interesting to discover what caused the lakes to dry up....heavy industry? Farming? The combustion engine? 🙂

Not trying hard enough its because no one listend to Packham 🙄

2 hours ago, Good shot? said:

They had to go now, sooner rather than later because it has been known for years that Mars had been shrinking at an alarming    rate for at least 50 years and continues to do so.

...and going in 2033 would be out of the question as all the subject experts in global warming have assured me that all life on earth will be dead by then!

6 minutes ago, derbyduck said:

I agree they have and also wagon wheels ! 

😀👍

42 minutes ago, Yellow Bear said:

You mean like they told us back in the late 60s we would be in an ice age by 2010.

I remember our geography teacher telling us back in the early ‘70’s at school, that next time it snows we should be praying it stops, as we were heading for another ice age. 
I sometime wonder how our experts would be suggesting we cope with a cooling planet rather than a warming one. 

5 minutes ago, Scully said:

😀👍

+1

9 hours ago, saddler said:

...and going in 2033 would be out of the question as all the subject experts in global warming have assured me that all life on earth will be dead by then!

Precisely and even in the unlikely event that it would affect me that is why I shan't bother with an electric car.

Amazing technological feat, I’m very confident they will find signs of life there and either way the information will be shared transparently.

The one thing I was really disappointed with was the relatively light coverage of this on the news, given all the current doom and gloom and repetitive news it was a great opportunity to engage the public and maybe trigger a few youngsters to get interested in high tech.

5 minutes ago, London Best said:

The people who say the moon landings were a hoax will soon be telling us that the Rover is really somewhere in New Mexico.

Shush - don't give the game away; in fact - the reason we are all 'locked down' is so that they can film all of these Mars etc. triumphs without the public being able to interrupt/view.  Once we have  all had the jab and are under central control from Bill Gates's HQ, it won't matter so much .......

1 minute ago, JohnfromUK said:

Shush - don't give the game away; in fact - the reason we are all 'locked down' is so that they can film all of these Mars etc. triumphs without the public being able to interrupt/view.  Once we have  all had the jab and are under central control from Bill Gates's HQ, it won't matter so much .......

That MAY not be funny!

55 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

Amazing technological feat, I’m very confident they will find signs of life there and either way the information will be shared transparently.

The one thing I was really disappointed with was the relatively light coverage of this on the news, given all the current doom and gloom and repetitive news it was a great opportunity to engage the public and maybe trigger a few youngsters to get interested in high tech.

:good:

I was also very disappointed at the light coverage this landing was given, as you say the news is getting very repetitive.

Didn’t we dock a space craft to an asteroid a while back.  Going to Mars really don’t seem hard. 

57 minutes ago, London Best said:

The people who say the moon landings were a hoax will soon be telling us that the Rover is really somewhere in New Mexico.

I think China confirmed the moon landing via satellite.  

Via Chinese satellite image.jpeg.0d4cfa545c6e999992d953093f920e9c.jpeg

44 minutes ago, old'un said:

I was also very disappointed at the light coverage this landing was given, as you say the news is getting very repetitive.

It is easy really the MSM will not report anything remotely successful even started under Trump, or even BJ, and are only interested in promoting their left wing agenda.   You just need to see the coverage they gave Starmer this week for his "non" announcement. 

47 minutes ago, old'un said:

If only we had a media framework which was aligned with national interest and development, I wasn't around for the first moon landings but I know the coverage, wonder and splendour of it all triggered a new generation of scientists and engineers who all dreamt for bigger and better things for our future.

Part of the issue is that films and computer games have stretched sci-fi so far that some people have lost sight of the real current technological boundary of mankind, this combined with a lot of people not even knowing what they don't know leads to a proportion of the public thinking there is nothing particularly remarkable in what has just, and is about to be, achieved.

5 minutes ago, Yellow Bear said:

It is easy really the MSM will not report anything remotely successful even started under Trump, or even BJ, and are only interested in promoting their left wing agenda.   You just need to see the coverage they gave Starmer this week for his "non" announcement. 

It's not just political, it's cultural too, MSM just like politics and government are a reflection / representation of society. Far too many want to make every topic of discussion a political one...

22 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

If only we had a media framework which was aligned with national interest and development, I wasn't around for the first moon landings but I know the coverage, wonder and splendour of it all triggered a new generation of scientists and engineers who all dreamt for bigger and better things for our future.

Part of the issue is that films and computer games have stretched sci-fi so far that some people have lost sight of the real current technological boundary of mankind, this combined with a lot of people not even knowing what they don't know leads to a proportion of the public thinking there is nothing particularly remarkable in what has just, and is about to be, achieved.

It's not just political, it's cultural too, MSM just like politics and government are a reflection / representation of society. Far too many want to make every topic of discussion a political one...

Very true, mind you its surprising just how much of technology featured in the original Star Trek (1966-1969) has become to reality, and then of course the first moon landing in 1969.

The thing I am looking forward to is the flight of the helicopter and the footage it sends back.

2 minutes ago, old'un said:

Very true, mind you its surprising just how much of technology featured in the original Star Trek (1966-1969) has become to reality, and then of course the first moon landing in 1969.

The thing I am looking forward to is the flight of the helicopter and the footage it sends back.

Absolutely.

2 hours ago, JohnfromUK said:

1 hour ago, JohnfromUK said:

It's why flights have also been reduced - so that people overflying cannot see all of the manoeuvres they are doing on the ground

You shouldn't joke about it . Somebody somewhere,  will now be hiding under their kitchen table , wearing a tin foil hat , and rocking backwards and forwards,  as they message their mates on Facebook telling them all about it.😅

7 minutes ago, mel b3 said:

You shouldn't joke about it . Somebody somewhere,  will now be hiding under their kitchen table , wearing a tin foil hat , and rocking backwards and forwards,  as they message their mates on Facebook telling them all about it.😅

You saying that...I was watching some scientist on the box talking about contaminating Mars with Earths bacteria but he also said we also need to-be extremely careful when we bring back samples from Mars as it may contain bacteria????...Mars-covid??

now just image that doing the rounds on social media.