Mars Rover Landed

The Heron

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, ditchman said:

dont think your teacher is far wrong............we are approaching the next ice age.....it gets warmer first and melts the ice caps....the salinity of the ocean changes and diverts the warmer current that warms the northern hemisphere....then it gets cold.....ice age stops when precipitation builds up as snow/ice and the salinity increases and the warm current once again resumes its travel/flow to the northern hemisphere..........this also co-insides with the occilation of the tilt of the earth........................

so i understand..

Sounds plausible but the thing the gets my goat we have only had accurate thermometers in the  last 100 years ? Measure the North Pole but that’s been under an ozone hole and as dichey says must also be affected by the earth wobble.

plus when the romans i believe they were growing wine quite successfully !

I am not saying humans have helped but 50 years ago everyone was heating there homes with coal something does not add up ! 

anyway make sure you recycle you tin foil hat and everyone will be fine !

atb Agriv8

1 hour ago, GingerCat said:

I don't think ditchy is wrong. Its said we are long overdue an ice age. The poles should have flipped also. Global warming is clearly a thing, regardless of the cause and needs to be addressed. 

I think @ditchman is spot on, and to be honest I am a bit blown away by his sudden attack of intellectual insightfulness 😆

The Poles have been over here washing our cars for over a decade, sending the money home,  so maybe they'll flip eventually.

Global warming.... well.... some places are cooling down, some places are seeing less or more rain... some are getting warmer... Our planet is never constant in terms of weather experienced in different parts of it.

There are some people who say that "addressing climate change" is akin to attempting to interfere with the time of day the sun rises and sets.  Was it really our collective choice of deodorant that closed up the hole in the ozone layer?  Or opened it up in the first place?

Should we really cry tears of remorse every time Greta gets on the telly?  Should we just go along with Jeremy Clarkson's theory that it's all a load of nonsense?

The climate/eco bandwagon has been jumped on so hard in the last 20-odd years that you really don't know what or who to believe any more.

On 20/02/2021 at 12:29, mel b3 said:

You shouldn't joke about it . Somebody somewhere,  will now be hiding under their kitchen table , wearing a tin foil hat , and rocking backwards and forwards,  as they message their mates on Facebook telling them all about it.😅

I like it under here - now leave me alone 🤣

On 20/02/2021 at 13:24, ditchman said:

dont think your teacher is far wrong............we are approaching the next ice age.....it gets warmer first and melts the ice caps....the salinity of the ocean changes and diverts the warmer current that warms the northern hemisphere....then it gets cold.....ice age stops when precipitation builds up as snow/ice and the salinity increases and the warm current once again resumes its travel/flow to the northern hemisphere..........this also co-insides with the occilation of the tilt of the earth........................

so i understand..

BLOODY TOLD YOU SO

just watching the science part on the BBC news on BAS..(britshish antatic survey)............they have just released their findings as to climate change............

well i never............Scully and i could have told em' that bloody years ago.........what scully and i agreed on above is EXCACTLEY ..........their findings................

and i will tell you something else...a trillion greta's and attenborough's aint going to be able to make one iotas difference

not unless they can alter the 7000 year tilt occilation of the earth....................i did a big job down in thurrock a few years ago...preparing Le farages thermolite block quarry to be remade into a massive distribution center....i moved about a million cube oof muck...i had a £400,000 budget for geology and acheology.....and excavated an area of the quarry where the horizon showed 4 ice ages one on top of the other..............well ive got news for you....there is another on its way..........we are going to have some nice weather first....then that is going to get cold boy

so you have a eons to enjoy yerself....then invest in hot water bottles

:lol:

10 hours ago, Jim Neal said:

I always wondered how they made Thermalite blocks... they just dig them up out of the ground?!

Is there a Celcon quarry as well?

quarry was an excisting hole in the ground when the factory was put there.........weird process making blocks...like making bread...then the monoliths are cut up into blocks...the quarry was full of decades of offcuts...metres deep...dangerous place as well...as parts of the quarry had water in it and thermolite offcuts could float on water