Start them young...

oscarsdad

On 07/03/2021 at 20:40, johnny said:

Did some drilling last week and a few pigeons turned up, so took my 11 year old boy for the first time today with the 28g he shot 5 and was made up as was I. He’s had a couple of lessons and we’ve shot some clays at home over the last 4months. I brought the little Yildiz over a year ago but he’s not long been sensible and big enough to handle a gun.

Give Jack a pat on the back from me!  And well done to yourself for persevering with him and giving him the opportunity.  There are so many dads out there who just can't be bothered to put time into their kids.  Introducing my boy to shooting and watching him get better at it is one of the aspects of parenting I'm most looking forward to... second to helping him move out so I can get my life back 🤣

On 06/03/2021 at 16:29, flycoy said:

Yeah he is a bit young at the mo

Just let me know when your ready and will take a look.

Thanks, will definitely do that :)

Edited by Jim Neal

20 hours ago, flycoy said:

Seems you all know each other might be a good idea when it suits you to bring the kids along on the same day, they can have some fun and we could have an unhealthy breakfast then get the kids shooting with each other. 
Flycoy. 

Thanks for the offer. Myself and Jim are in a syndicate. Jack loves shooting and considering he has only been shooting since just before Christmas he’s doing really well with the 28g. And yes I can see it’s going to get expensive😀 luckily he has quite a good grass cutting round😀

6 months is a long time in child development. My boy and I went out on a bunny hunt on the day of the great tsunami (no school, so what else to do!). He was straight in to ninja mode and we managed to stalk up pretty close on a rabbit. After that, I took him to one of my favourite spots and persuaded him that if we sat still and quiet, something would pop out the bush. For once, the hunting gods favoured me. Within 15 minutes, a nice hare appeared and proved my point. I shot it at 90 yards and the boy was very excited. We sat it out for another 30 minutes (that's about 100 years to a 6 year old) and he announced that he was bored and wanted to go for a walk. Progress!

IMG-2391-2.jpg

IMG-2395-2.jpg