Decided to treat myself for my special birthday

wingnut

11 hours ago, wingnut said:

I have been after one of these since i was 17, i couldn't afford one then, I have waited 43 years, roll on the nice weather, I cant wait to take this out for a bimble around a few bike nights this year.

GT380 resize.jpg

Nice one 👍 you will be better on that coming up to the "castle" than in the Jag when it's snowing 🤣🤣🤣 enjoy your bike.

Hope that you are keeping well pal 👍👍👍

4 hours ago, matone said:

Looks like showroom condition ! Just as you remember them! Enjoy.

It has been really well looked after for the past 43 years, now its my turn, i hope i can do it justice.

1 hour ago, Gordon R said:

Be very careful. A lot quicker than you might imagine.

Going to wait for a nice day, get it warmed up and cant wait to get it above 6,500 rpm, I rode my mates many years ago and loved the power and exhaust note, the only thing that puts the fear of god into me now is the skinny tyres that are on it compared to modern bikes like my Ducati ST4s. 😄

14 hours ago, harrycatcat1 said:

Nice one 👍 you will be better on that coming up to the "castle" than in the Jag when it's snowing 🤣🤣🤣 enjoy your bike.

Hope that you are keeping well pal 👍👍👍

Hi Ya me old mate, I have been away from shooting for the past couple of years trying to get myself sorted out, but generally I am doing Ok one way or another, My poor old jag, that car was awesome in the snow, how i got down that hill in one piece i will never now, I have been down it since in good weather and that was scary enough

2 hours ago, team tractor said:

I’ve been following classic 2 strokes on Facebook. It’s a bad idea 🙈.

so many RGV 250s and cr500s 

They are only going one way  now, I would start looking at sports bikes from the early 90s like original Blades, zx9, R1, R6 etc there getting on for 30 years old now and starting to go up as well.

My Dad has a GT 250 when I was 17, I used to ride it when he was at work.

I don’t think he ever knew, he would have given me a belt if he knew, I hadn’t got a bike  or insurance 😣

lucky for me I did eventually pass my bike test on a DT125 and then bought a RD350LC still surprised I’m alive after some of the things myself and the other loons got upto .

nice bit of history, with cliff edge tyres 

On 19/02/2021 at 21:52, wingnut said:

I have been after one of these since i was 17, i couldn't afford one then, I have waited 43 years, roll on the nice weather, I cant wait to take this out for a bimble around a few bike nights this year.

GT380 resize.jpg

Talk about bike prices i had a look at the new Honda Fireblade SP before lockdown £20,995 *** 😳😳😳

Edited by blackbird

On 24/02/2021 at 22:07, SpringDon said:

Looks like a well restored example. Must admit I wouldn’t get another as it doesn’t bring back pleasant memories. Wallowing suspension, feeling like it had a hinge in the middle over 80, brakes that didnt work in the wet and no ground clearance. But I’ve lost my rose tinted specs.

I have had a lot of different bikes in my lifetime , don't get me wrong i love modern bikes for the handling, brakes, comfort, power etc - but i wanted my last one to be something i had wanted years ago, i want to remember the smell, the noise, the power band, something that you don't see everyday, something to make it worthwhile going to autojumbles just so you can find that last elusive piece you have been looking for, plus i realised there are whole generations of people who have never seen a proper 2 stroke bike, you just don't see them around anymore, too many getting turned into cash cows for pension funds.