Laser Engraver.

fatchap

Its a cause for much celebration. I have finally got my new laser engraver to do as its told. Its a laserpecker Pro. And as an engraver its the dogs danglies, its just the App you need to control it. It could be so much easier and better if they had put a bit of thought into it. As it is its "That will do" And for something that expensive you would have thought they would have spent a bit more time on the app. The editing facility is as basic as basic can be. Best to use other software to edit your design and then upload it to the app. But now its working I am rapidly running out of things to engrave. I have done my phone, my hat, Numerous bits of wood, A box or two, My wallet..etc etc. Looking at how these two pictures have come out I need some practice with my phones camera as well.

20210220_073847.jpg.1719149c311664162f30b7148da8c931.jpg20210220_073839.jpg.5eb74b417ec60908e77756cab22cfae1.jpg

51 minutes ago, powler said:

If you could do leather with it the wifey could also use it?

It does leather really well.

4 minutes ago, old'un said:

What is the maximum X Y?

Not great its only 100x100 but it suits my purposes. It fits on my desk, can't have it the workshop as its not keen on dust. 

16 minutes ago, Mungler said:

Holy **** I want one.

Do they do a portable version?

I would just go around lasering a dripping cock and balls on anything and everything 😆

This is why the sale or trade of laser printers is banned for anyone in the legal profession 😅

3 hours ago, powler said:

If you could do leather with it the wifey could also use it?

That'll play , she's techy enough to use one . I just need to convince her that she really needs one 😅.

Do they work on both sides of leather ?. She already does work on the suede side by hand.

8 hours ago, mel b3 said:

I've wanted one of these for a while now . The kids gave me money at christmas to buy one , but I'm scared that it would be a waste of money , because I'm just not techy enough 😕.

Buy one Mel. If you don’t get on with it, you could sell it to me........ cheap 😁

26 minutes ago, moondoggy said:

Buy one Mel. If you don’t get on with it, you could sell it to me........ cheap 😁

i could never ever sell it . it will sit in the back of the cupboard with all the other things that ive bought but never use :lol:.

On 20/02/2021 at 17:19, fatchap said:

You can engrave brass and ally easy enough, Done a few brass name plates. Steel is possible if you paint it first, I doubt it will do stainless, not tried it but I wouldn't have thought so.

You could try dry moly lube or Cermark for stainless. We have varying results using CO2, would be interesting to see what these diode lasers can do with it.