British Gas

wymberley

Well I signed up with EON on the 4th of this month.

Have previously been with lots of them;

Have tried Zebra, Octopus and all of the big names since leaving British Gas years ago.

I now seek out the cheapest and one that will listen to my requirements rather than telling me what I can have.

Don't do gas, been to too many non homes ... another this week in the news.  If you use it then be 100% in keeping the system super safe.

I only use electricty and to be honest do not know who provides it. I look at the cost each quarter and reallly it is dirt cheap for just turning the light on instantly, never mind typing this and cooking this evenings meal, never mind splitting the logs on my log burner this evening or sawing those logs if required or filling my compressor tank or running my welder etc etc etc.   Do not see the point in chasing a few quid either way.

2 hours ago, Cosmicblue said:

You don't have it on Direct Debit?

I will have nothing on direct debit, ever.

I had a bad experience with the council when direct debits first came out. They took my bank account into the red for the only time ever, and were arrogant enough to tell me that as I had signed a direct debit they could take what they liked whenever they liked. Never again will anybody else ever have access to my account.

6 hours ago, JohnfromUK said:

I have been very pleased with Octopus.

Bunch of utter ***** - insist on all sorts of new meters which there was no mention of before joining
Have had problems with them for three years and almost unable to leave - forget why, swmbo is the one dealing with such things

To quote a Harry Enfield sketch, I'd rather suck ***** out of a dead cats **** than deal with Octopus

14 hours ago, London Best said:

I had a bad experience with the council when direct debits first came out. They took my bank account into the red for the only time ever, and were arrogant enough to tell me that as I had signed a direct debit they could take what they liked whenever they liked. Never again will anybody else ever have access to my account.

Hello, the council here is like that, I pay my council tax in cash monthly and my rent as the landlord is bad as the council 🙄

Hello, just been informed my supplier green energy has gone bust 🤔, now owned by EDF , 🙄

On 20/02/2021 at 19:39, London Best said:

Yeah, all those years ago when Direct Debits 1st appeared there were some less than perfect moments - the major banks have signed up to the principles of the Direct Debit Guarantee - here is 1st Direct' as an example - same for all of them:  https://www.directdebit.co.uk/DirectDebitExplained/pages/directdebitguarantee.aspx   works fine now.  

You are safe.