Joker bio 34g 5s

morning all 
I recently went to the local gun shop after some pigeon extremes and they were out out of stock, instead they offered me the joker bio 34g 5s which are the same load! Just wondering if anyone else have tried these? I tried a box yesterday in a wood, They kick like a mule and seem loud but they do kill very well. 
Cheers 

16 minutes ago, Mr grumpy said:

I havent tried those but i've had good results with the eley ecowads.

Out of curiosity,why do you use such heavy loads on pigeon?

Why not?

shot size 5 = hard hitting power. 
34gm = fill the pattern, due to shot size. 

They also cycle well in all semi autos. 

18 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Overkill!:rolleyes:

Not such a thing.

Dead is dead and shooting pigeons is vermin control. 

if someone wants to shoot pigeons with the cheapest of clay loads, pigeon extreme or 3” bismuth. That’s their choice.....

Edited by markm

10 minutes ago, markm said:

Not such a thing.

if someone wants to shoot pigeons with the cheapest of clay loads, pigeon extreme or 3” bismuth. That’s their choice.....

Yep, provided it's done humanely. In this example, the OP has limited his ability to do so which as rightly said is his choice.

3 minutes ago, wymberley said:

With respect, I'd suggest the opposite. You'd lose your poke at some 65 yards ish but where would you lose your pattern?

Respect noted, we were talking about pigeons were we not?

1 hour ago, markm said:

Not such a thing.

Yes it is their choice, but it is still overkill!

1 minute ago, wymberley said:

Thanks for setting me up!

we were talking about pigeons 5s were we not?

And I use 6s with the occasional heavy load of 5 s from Proper Cartridges, but they are OVERKILL!

16 minutes ago, wymberley said:

Yep, at least we were the last time I looked. "but where would you lose your pattern?" How say you?

And I answered YOUR question!

1 hour ago, wymberley said:

With respect, I'd suggest the opposite. You'd lose your poke at some 65 yards ish but where would you lose your pattern?

It would have been polite to let the op to have replied to my question.

Personally i would agree that it is overkill,particularly for what sound like it could be roost shooting.

However it's always nice to hear other peoples thoughts.

Also out of curiosity.markm,have teeth rattled loose using those loads?😉

5 minutes ago, Mr grumpy said:

It would have been polite to let the op to have replied to my question.

Personally i would agree that it is overkill,particularly for what sound like it could be roost shooting.

However it's always nice to hear other peoples thoughts.

Also out of curiosity.markm,have teeth rattled loose using those loads?😉

There is absolutely no reason at all why Topgun113 should not reply. For clarity, I will just point out that the only post that I have replied to is that from TIGHTCHOKE

Hi topgun113 I’ve never fired these cartridges. I would say if they have a heavy recoil it will put you of your shooting, if they are loud they will move any birds from the woods or nearby fields. You may be better with a cartridge with less recoil if you will be firing a lot of shots. If you have friends or family that shoot you could ask them for a few of their cartridges to try.

Just for clarification I wasnt asking anyone if it was an overkill etc, not that I have to justify myself but I think pigeon extremes are the best cartridge on the market and these were used for flighting in a tall wood and I was nothing but impressed with the way they performed, and I wouldn't be put off using for decoying either, I got fed up with the likes of clear pigeons pricking too many! So at £65 a slab I thought I would try them, I was simply just asking if any haD also used them? 
cheers top gun113

57 minutes ago, Topgun113 said:

Just for clarification I wasnt asking anyone if it was an overkill etc, not that I have to justify myself but I think pigeon extremes are the best cartridge on the market and these were used for flighting in a tall wood and I was nothing but impressed with the way they performed, and I wouldn't be put off using for decoying either, I got fed up with the likes of clear pigeons pricking too many! So at £65 a slab I thought I would try them, I was simply just asking if any haD also used them? 
cheers top gun113

£65 a slab, that's cheap compared to some. Cheaper than the pigeon express I bought about 3 years ago (think they were £70). 

1 hour ago, Topgun113 said:

cheers top gun113

Well said, good on you. Enjoy your shooting.