Joker bio 34g 5s

Are 34g 5s not the cartridge of choice of a certain world champion, granted he is paid to use them but i would suggest he wouldn't get the "overkill" label the OP has. I've used Pigeon Extremes on 50 to 60yrd pheasants and they are best game cartridges I've used but i can't justify the expense on pigeons instead use Eley pigeon HV 32g 6s.

10 minutes ago, 8 shot said:

Are 34g 5s not the cartridge of choice of a certain world champion, granted he is paid to use them but i would suggest he wouldn't get the "overkill" label the OP has. I've used Pigeon Extremes on 50 to 60yrd pheasants and they are best game cartridges I've used but i can't justify the expense on pigeons instead use Eley pigeon HV 32g 6s.

I agree, it's ridiculous the conclusions and opinions folk on here have, I simply asked if anyone had used them not if they overkill 🤣 and at a reasonable price why not use I cartridge I like using which I'm confident with! 

40 minutes ago, Topgun113 said:

I agree, it's ridiculous the conclusions and opinions folk on here have, I simply asked if anyone had used them not if they overkill 🤣 and at a reasonable price why not use I cartridge I like using which I'm confident with! 

Well done mate stick to your guns or cartridge in this case🙄at £65 a slab bet there's plenty more on this forum(me included) paying that sort of money for their less overkill carts👍

4 hours ago, Topgun113 said:

I got fed up with the likes of clear pigeons pricking too many!

Bit off topic, but could you expand on this one please?  Under what circumstances have you noticed this happening?

I quite like the clear pigeons because they're 1) available most places 2) comparatively cheap 3) not too loud.

15 hours ago, Topgun113 said:

If you were happy with them and they work as you want, why did you ask if anyone else had used them?

I personally wouldn't buy them unless I had little other choice. Most of my pigeons are killed with an ounce of 7 or an ounce of 6.5.

13 hours ago, markm said:

I’m paying around £85 a slab. 

For the overkill divas - 34gm of 5’s have a similar number of pellets to 28gm of 6’s. I don’t see any issue. 

I wouldn't pay £140 a thousand extra for something that does a similar job.

2 hours ago, motty said:

If you were happy with them and they work as you want, why did you ask if anyone else had used them?

I personally wouldn't buy them unless I had little other choice. Most of my pigeons are killed with an ounce of 7 or an ounce of 6.5.

"Most of my pigeons are killed with an ounce of 7 or an ounce of 6.5." :good:

And because these loads will kill cleanly with a greater degree of certainty at the distance that the load in question is capable of, then that load must be considered as 'under kill'. By selecting a shot size larger than necessary, the second element of the load - the one that is said to do the business -  has been penalised.

25 minutes ago, wymberley said:

"Most of my pigeons are killed with an ounce of 7 or an ounce of 6.5." :good:

And because these loads will kill cleanly with a greater degree of certainty than the distance that the load in question is capable, then that load must be considered as 'under kill'. By selecting a shot size larger than necessary, the second element of the load - the one that is said to do the business -  has been penalised.

Getting people to recognise this can be a problem!

Hi yes it’s about confidence in your cartridge. The cartridge manufacturers must be running out of names for cartridges by now. 28 or 34grams of lead shot should kill any game birds or (pest) birds, but I wouldn’t fire a loud cartridge with a heavy recoil when there are so many to choose from. Topgun113 be careful of the recoil and noise it doesn’t take much to damage your hearing, tinnitus isn’t a good thing.

5 hours ago, motty said:

I was simply asking because I didn't know if it was me or others thought the same, and at £65 a slab (the same as most other pigeon cartridges) why not buy them to see if there similar to the pigeon extreme load which I rate very highly (my opinion) which I use on pigekns and pheasants 

And like I said these pigeon were flighting in a tall wood. 

2 hours ago, Topgun113 said:

I was simply asking because I didn't know if it was me or others thought the same, and at £65 a slab (the same as most other pigeon cartridges) why not buy them to see if there similar to the pigeon extreme load which I rate very highly (my opinion) which I use on pigekns and pheasants 

And like I said these pigeon were flighting in a tall wood. 

Hi Topgun 113

I have used Joker cartridges but not the load you have mentioned. I bought some LA Joker 28g no7.5 of n a light blue casing which are a nice load to shoot. Google search for some reviews about the cartridges you have bought- however if they are too heavy for a busy decoying session, then keep them for the high pheasants.

Hitman.