Clay grounds open on 29th March?

MWildfowler

• 3 weeks later...

Rixton & Astley Shooting Club

First post lock down 3 shoot is 11th. April

Bookings are already slowly rolling in and memberships being renewed.

Regulars are in for a bit of a shock when they see what we've achieved during the lock down.

webber

9 hours ago, discobob said:

One time living in Wales comes in handy - going for my first shoot Wednesday lunchtime.

I was planning to do a mega shoot on the 31st - 2 grounds in Wales, 1 in England but I am unsure if we are allowed to.

Also unsure if I can do a Registered in England at Easter

Make sure that you are home by 6.00pm.  !         😜

They run a 50 bird for £15.00.

Ammo sold on site, no idea how much I take my own.

Separate beginners stand if you need to get your eye in, let kids shoot or pretend you never miss.

No refreshments or food so if you want owt take your own.

Stands vary from easy singles, easy pairs to difficult singles, difficult pairs. Layout changes every week depending on wind and weather. 

Weather is always variable as its high up. Always take a top coat and gloves just in case. 

If I have a clear round I always tell them the layout is rubbish cos its too easy. If I struggle I always say well done for making me work.

I would expect the first opening day Easter Sunday to be very busy so expect queues unless you're there early or very late.

On 16/03/2021 at 12:22, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Ask her to lift her foot!:cool1:

Well - I was allowed to go to Faux today :) but you don't want to know what I am now going to have to do in recompense!!

Honestly though - shot up for a shifty fifty - but only got to shoot 25 (I haven't got a rhyme for that) - reasonable number of people there - had to get back for work though.

14 hours ago, 100milesaway said:

Yippie...... from Auntie.

It is a golden opportunity for the venue, i do hope the ignorance of the suns position and relevant target information problems that plague my visits to the regular thursday visits are all erradicated by then. Its all fur coat at the moment.