303 OIL

Fenlandbob

21 minutes ago, London Best said:

I have just checked in my (much thumbed) Parker Hale catalogue from 1958 and there is no mention of A C oil but Young’s .303 is heavily promoted. Does this mean that the A C oil was discontinued by that date? Does anyone know when it was available? 

No. I bought a box of ten or so of the one pint tins from Edna...remember she is A J Parker and not Parker Hale....after she died and the business was still open with a man called Richard behind the counter.

26 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

and... Edna was rarely wrong.

PLUS VAT of course!

But yes she was rarely wrong. I do remember and always smile about her comments on the merits of her cleaning rods vs P-Hale cleaning rods. Hers were dipped to get their plastic coating. So hers...red...never shed it. P-Hale used a different presumable cheaper process. So theirs...yellow...would at the slightest cut or nick begin to strip and eventually shed that coating. And as she said you'd see so many of these stripped yellow coatings at the NRA Imperial Meeting that it left the firing point "Looking like a field of daffodils."

Edited by enfieldspares

3 minutes ago, London Best said:

Thanks chaps.

It would appear that the business which became Parker Hale originated as   A. G. Parker ans A. J broke away and formed a separate business.

@enfieldspares, can you remember about when A. J. Parker closed?

I think the 2007 according to this.

https://www.thestalkingdirectory.co.uk/threads/end-of-parker-hale-factory.177141/

Edited by enfieldspares

1 hour ago, London Best said:

Thanks chaps.

It would appear that the business which became Parker Hale originated as   A. G. Parker and A. J broke away and formed a separate business.

@enfieldspares, can you remember about when A. J. Parker closed?

I would guess in the 70s as i was employed about then sneaking around the back streets of Birmingjam with long hair and blue jeans and remember it open, then closed. BUT I may be wrong. 

Was A.J.Parkers shop/business in ******* Wood Road. I know where the Parker Hale Factory/Business was , visited many times. Yes, they closed much later than A.J.. if I remember.

WHAT ON EARTH IS WRONG WITH THE WORD Y A R D L E Y ??????  This computer thingy is a pain.

Edited by Walker570