A few pigeons from Jacko.

JDog

Some nice shooting , and like my old teacher use to say , there is room for improvement .

I have set up against pylons and telegraph poles in the past but always shooting away from them , I always thought it would be just my luck if I took a bird between the cables my shot would chop through the wire , I went out with a electrician once and when telling him about shooting through cables he recon it was nigh on impossible to cut through one , that might well be , but to me , prevention is better than cure 

Looking at the amount of pricked birds it looks like the cartridge/choke combination is not open enough for the close birds and the long shots are perhaps beyond his experience/skill, that said, there were some good shots.

As Marsh Man said, I also would not be happy shooting through those power cables.

Very dangerous to shoot through power cables !  Many years back, roost shooting in Germany I cut clean through such a cable.  Huge flash and cable came writhing down, sparking.  I wasn't in a hide and my natural reaction to the danger got me about 10ft away in a second or so !!

The local village was without power until the cable was fixed next day.  Big claim on my Jagdschein insurance.  Learned from that - never shoot near local cables - I think the tall cable towers are a different issue and not so risky.

Thanks to jacko for taking the time to do the video 😊👍

posted warts and all difficult place to shoot with the wires and conditions so I can see why he set up there 

im not going to judge the shooting as I know he’s a novice and not knowing the cartridges (steel?) it wouldn’t be fair however I did think he’s improving from some of the earliest video’s 

To be fair to Jacko the camera don't always show you the true picture and what look dangerous with shooting under the wires he could have shot before they reached the wires or when they were well clear , we wern't there so we can only judge on what we see on the video , trouble is there might be youngsters and people who are just entering the sport watching the video who would be thinking it would be perfectly normal to be shooting through the wires which we all know is far from normal and could be highly dangerous , as for the shooting skill we all have our own way of when to pull the trigger , as I sit down for all my decoying I couldn't take on a lot of the shots jacko took on and what he believe he can hit is again different from me , we can't alter the fact we do it for the sport it produce and watching the video he was getting a nice lot of sport .

One thing jacko can be commended for is he show the video as it is and not just the ones that look like they are killed with nigh on every shot the decoyer take , nice one jacko and THANKS for sharing .

3 hours ago, marsh man said:

To be fair to Jacko the camera don't always show you the true picture and what look dangerous with shooting under the wires he could have shot before they reached the wires or when they were well clear , we wern't there so we can only judge on what we see on the video , trouble is there might be youngsters and people who are just entering the sport watching the video who would be thinking it would be perfectly normal to be shooting through the wires which we all know is far from normal and could be highly dangerous , as for the shooting skill we all have our own way of when to pull the trigger , as I sit down for all my decoying I couldn't take on a lot of the shots jacko took on and what he believe he can hit is again different from me , we can't alter the fact we do it for the sport it produce and watching the video he was getting a nice lot of sport .

One thing jacko can be commended for is he show the video as it is and not just the ones that look like they are killed with nigh on every shot the decoyer take , nice one jacko and THANKS for sharing .

Always enjoy warts and all videos. Keep them coming jacko.

i’m sure we all learn something from them too.

in my case reminds me what pigeon decoying is like.