Creocote

ninjaferret

3 hours ago, figgy said:

If it's thin enough a pump sprayer like the cuprinol one should do the job.

yeah i agree............remember creasote is not what it was....its a lot thinner and i dont think it contains stuff that would damage plastic parts anymore

the old stuff that i had used to burn your eyebrows off............

1 hour ago, ditchman said:

yeah i agree............remember creasote is not what it was....its a lot thinner and i dont think it contains stuff that would damage plastic parts anymore

Yeah i know, just thought it was maybe still too thick to spray ?

1 hour ago, ditchman said:

I once worked on a crude tar refinery that produced the stuff, when it comes out mildly hot it's bloody lethal to any exposed skin. Used to get the odd barrel to do fences and posts with. Was the best stuff I ever used.

Farmers can still get decent creosote if you know any. Son in law had some round posts soaking last year in front bucket for a week before using them.

Just now, figgy said:

blockquote widget

Edited by figgy

22 hours ago, ninjaferret said:

Looking to creocote the fences again, has anybody done it with this stuff through a sprayer ? If so which sprayer ?

Cheers man.

Creosote and creocote are different things reg (but similar) . I couldn't honestly tell you anything about the spraying though  .  You can still buy real Creosote,  iirc I pay about £40.00 for five gallons.👍.

Last time i sprayed good old Creosote the over spray covered a white Vauxall Cavalier owned by a neighbour, when she saw it she just stared at now freckled Cavalier. I too started to look, showing huge concern as to what had caused her car lto ooked like it had caught a bad dose of Acne. 

Strange we both came to the same conclusion after i mention Acid rain 😃 it was mid 80's and it was all the rage then, must have been on the news every day. 

She never did find out it was me and, and popped round hers for the odd coffee and cream a few times too. :yay:

Just be careful if your spraying👍

On 26/02/2021 at 18:22, Dougy said:

Last time i sprayed good old Creosote the over spray covered a white Vauxall Cavalier owned by a neighbour, when she saw it she just stared at now freckled Cavalier. I too started to look, showing huge concern as to what had caused her car lto ooked like it had caught a bad dose of Acne. 

Strange we both came to the same conclusion after i mention Acid rain 😃 it was mid 80's and it was all the rage then, must have been on the news every day. 

She never did find out it was me and, and popped round hers for the odd coffee and cream a few times too. :yay:

Just be careful if your spraying👍

Cheers i'll try to be 

On 23/02/2021 at 13:21, ditchman said:

If you want to thicken it up and make it more long lasting mix in some black bitumen paint 👍

11 hours ago, Fisheruk said:

If you want to thicken it up and make it more long lasting mix in some black bitumen paint 👍

Oh god no! Have you been talking to my mother?! Her favourite thing is creosote and bitumen, heavy on the bitumen, daubed on really thick making sure she gets it onto gate handles fir good measure. It's really good because its still wet next year when it's time to reapply it.

12 hours ago, Benthejockey said:

Oh god no! Have you been talking to my mother?! Her favourite thing is creosote and bitumen, heavy on the bitumen, daubed on really thick making sure she gets it onto gate handles fir good measure. It's really good because its still wet next year when it's time to reapply it.

🤣🤣🤣