What are you watching?

Scully

Inspired by the adverts thread, I just wondered what folk were watching on a regular basis. 
Currently we are really enjoying, in no particular order:

Cornwall: This Fishing Life. 
The Great.

Forensics: The real CSI. 

Schitts Creek. Netflix. I mentioned this latter to my kids and they have binge watched the entire series during lockdown! 
The Chateau Diaries. YouTube. although this is mostly my OH, who is devoted to it, I don’t mind if I miss it. 

Salvage Hunters. 

I cannot say I watch anyhting on a regular basis other than news. Alex..The Voice of Reason and most of the Auistralian news because that is where you get a true picture of what is happening in the USA with Biden et al.  It just shows how good they are that Facebook are trying to shut them down.  I have watched a couple of youtube commercial fishing videos one in Scapa Flow it was amazing how many shellfish they scooped up just using large plastic bukets.    Other than youtube I do not watch anyhting else.

fred dibnah

and all history documentories

paper review @ 10.30

10 secs of the joy of painting...(if i do any longer i throw up)

any art programme

fake or fortune

and the local weather report  (depending on the size of her breasts)....Kate Kinsella.par example

42 minutes ago, Scully said:

Inspired by the adverts thread, I just wondered what folk were watching on a regular basis. 
Currently we are really enjoying, in no particular order:

Cornwall: This Fishing Life. 
The Great.

Forensics: The real CSI. 

Schitts Creek. Netflix. I mentioned this latter to my kids and they have binge watched the entire series during lockdown! 
The Chateau Diaries. YouTube. although this is mostly my OH, who is devoted to it, I don’t mind if I miss it. 

Salvage Hunters. 

I saw an advert for that, but I'm sure they're covering up some stuff that happens in real life. I've watched every episode of Silent Witness, and not once in this 'real forensics' has someone been kidnapped, knocked out in a cellar, locked in the boot of a car or held at gunpoint in a university. Can't be real life...

Is it good despite this clear deviation from reality?

34 minutes ago, ditchman said:

fred dibnah

I worked at the BICC in Prescot after leaving school in the company TV studio - and Fred was taking down a Chimney on site - we filmed the demolition and interviewed him as well (I was the camera man). Only link I can find - I remember being on top of the gatehouse with a camera at the massive age of 16 (YTS Scheme) with old schoolmates shouting all sorts at me!! :)

https://en-gb.facebook.com/prescote/posts/anybody-remember-fred-dibnah-in-prescot-c1983a-nice-share-from-tony-croxford/1665506537072049/

5 hours ago, ditchman said:

fred dibnah

and all history documentories

paper review @ 10.30

10 secs of the joy of painting...(if i do any longer i throw up)

any art programme

fake or fortune

and the local weather report  (depending on the size of her breasts)....Kate Kinsella.par example

Had forgotten about art; so I’ll have to amend my list to Portrait/landscape artist of the year, and Grayson Perry’s Art Club. 👍

It may appear we do nothing but watch tv of an evening, but we really don’t watch that much; we’re both busy with artwork ourselves most of the time, so if there’s nothing on, the tv isn’t on either. 

5 hours ago, chrisjpainter said:

I saw an advert for that, but I'm sure they're covering up some stuff that happens in real life. I've watched every episode of Silent Witness, and not once in this 'real forensics' has someone been kidnapped, knocked out in a cellar, locked in the boot of a car or held at gunpoint in a university. Can't be real life...

Is it good despite this clear deviation from reality?

🙂I’ve never seen Silent Witness, not a single episode! 
Forensics really intrigue and fascinate me, and this is well worth a watch, although I despair at the totally pointless and needless killings which form the basis of each programme, and the sentences handed out. 

Edited by Scully

Borgun !  netflix

Just got into this although its been around a long time, Danish political insight into proportional representation, sounds boring but in my opinion 100% believable, really interesting characters as is the relationship between the different parties and the press. The PM is rather tasty as well, 3 series with a new one due to be release soon.  well worth a watch... loving Scandinavian programmes. 

4252.jpg.a38c19fdfc967af9ab446e0b2feaacc5.jpg

Edited by islandgun

Must admit we like a Scandinavian series ourselves. 
I see Bates Motel has just started on the Beeb. It is about our Norman as a young psycho’ and his Mam Norma  ( 🤔) as they find themselves a nice little Motel. 😳

It was aired some time ago but I was always too busy to get into. May be worth a whirl. 

8 minutes ago, Scully said:

Must admit we like a Scandinavian series ourselves. 
I see Bates Motel has just started on the Beeb. It is about our Norman as a young psycho’ and his Mam Norma  ( 🤔) as they find themselves a nice little Motel. 😳

It was aired some time ago but I was always too busy to get into. May be worth a whirl. 

I well remember the original, as a young teen I watched it around a mates, then had to cycle home in the dark, through the woods  passed the hospital morgue and the old nurses home [which was uncannily like the bates home] it all became a blur after my chain came off. A chilling film at an age when special effects weren't special 😱

1 minute ago, islandgun said:

I well remember the original, as a young teen I watched it around a mates, then had to cycle home in the dark, through the woods  passed the hospital morgue and the old nurses home [which was uncannily like the bates home] it all became a blur after my chain came off. A chilling film at an age when special effects weren't special 😱

Me too. I don’t know how many times I watched it before I had the nerve to watch the cellar scene with his mother in the rocker! 😀