Building a shed/logstore.

harrycatcat1

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

38 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

Good advise from all the others but with that internal cladding and the boarding on the outside I believe that shed will stand anything short of a tornado.  Well done.

Thanks👍

Just got to learn how to make the doors once I have glued the rubber roof on and cladded the back.

The XL £75 are the best design. Hinged with the diagonal bracing going up and away from the hinge 😉

Are you using clear wood preservative on all external timber ? I normally coat the surfaces and dip the ends of all timber that is exposed 👍

1 hour ago, JKD said:

The XL £75 are the best design. Hinged with the diagonal bracing going up and away from the hinge 😉

Are you using clear wood preservative on all external timber ? I normally coat the surfaces and dip the ends of all timber that is exposed 👍

Well, I was planning to use tanillised wood the same as the exterior of the shed.

With the XL design I suppose I could have the shiplap horizontal to match the existing shed (is that too sad?)

Or is it better to have the shiplap vertical on the door? Is that more traditional?

2 hours ago, Yellow Bear said:

As far as ease of making go for the JB but brace like the XL and hang from the right as it is shown.

Thank you 👍👍

1 hour ago, harrycatcat1 said:

Well, I was planning to use tanillised wood the same as the exterior of the shed.

With the XL design I suppose I could have the shiplap horizontal to match the existing shed (is that too sad?)

Or is it better to have the shiplap vertical on the door? Is that more traditional?

Thank you 👍👍

Tantalised wood is great, but still might be best to dip the ends in a clear preservative 👍

I think the vertical shiplap [or t&g] is used more because you probably get less twist along the length. If it was horizontal, imagine how easy the door/gate could twist 😏 

1 hour ago, JKD said:

Tantalised wood is great, but still might be best to dip the ends in a clear preservative 👍

I think the vertical shiplap [or t&g] is used more because you probably get less twist along the length. If it was horizontal, imagine how easy the door/gate could twist 😏 

Okikoki thanks for the advice 🙏