Next season.

MARSH GUN

Hope so, I have six days already in the diary for the later half with others pending.  I missed seven days out of the twenty four I had planned last season so did not do as badly as expected.  You can go play golf and tennis so cannot for the life of me see why you cannot go shooting.    Boris says the crocus of spring is pushing through but the Hancock Sparrow of Doom is ready to peck it off.  There seems no joined up thinking and they have over half the country petrified so I think it is going to take a little while before things get back to normal.

With the vaccine program marching ahead and the hope that all adults will  have there jab by the end of July, this coming season look a lot more promising than the last one , early days yet but if I was a betting man I would be happy to place a bet on it being unaffected by the ongoing  corvid restrictions .:good:

Lockdown what's that then🤔 I'm lucky in that 99% of my fowling is on my doorstep so I carried on regardless. The only thing missing was the annual trip over the border but then again I bet the locals over the border felt the same way as I did in the fact that they had the shore to themselves 99% of the time

On 24/02/2021 at 21:38, MARSH GUN said:

With The covid 19 inoculations ongoing, and the proposed gradual reopening from the lockdown. Do you think we will get a full undisturbed season or not. ?

I sincerely hope so Il tell you one thing il never complain again To myself getting out of bed in the early hours for fowling My season was a disaster due to the restrictions here in N Ireland So here’s hoping 🤞 

I must be a rarity... due to Covid, although i could not get to one clubs marsh due to distance, I did more on my local marsh than usual as I wasn't using up my time either beating or on a pheasant syndicate... got out more than other seasons... can we do it again 🙂

On 25/02/2021 at 21:54, m greeny said:

Lockdown what's that then🤔 I'm lucky in that 99% of my fowling is on my doorstep so I carried on regardless. The only thing missing was the annual trip over the border but then again I bet the locals over the border felt the same way as I did in the fact that they had the shore to themselves 99% of the time

Yep we did, no visitors to disturb us. We did miss our pals who travel though.

on the same point I missed a trip to Canada in November and with rescheduled flights booked this week just hoping we are allowed over their border this time.

Edited by Dave at kelton

What you going to Canada for Dave?  Lots of fantastic country out there and a huge choice of things to hunt and fish.  Hope it comes off for you, but expect at leat a four page report on return.  I have only hunted Newfoundland....don't tell Newfies I said it was in Canada, they'll lynch me... now that is a lovely place to visit.  Where we learned cod cheeks are awesome.

Edited by Walker570

4 hours ago, nic said:

I must be a rarity... due to Covid, although i could not get to one clubs marsh due to distance, I did more on my local marsh than usual as I wasn't using up my time either beating or on a pheasant syndicate... got out more than other seasons... can we do it again 🙂

Very similar , although I don't like shooting the same marsh that often , we could go on all our clubs marshes but we had to decide what was local . 

I wouldn't want to have another season like the one just finished , I missed about 80% of our two shoots and the shoots are always eagerly looked forward to , still before we know it we will be getting the dates for this season , although the virus will still about , hopefully we can learn to live with it and get back to our normal way of life , time will tell .:good:

On 27/02/2021 at 19:06, marsh man said:

Very similar , although I don't like shooting the same marsh that often , we could go on all our clubs marshes but we had to decide what was local . 

I wouldn't want to have another season like the one just finished , I missed about 80% of our two shoots and the shoots are always eagerly looked forward to , still before we know it we will be getting the dates for this season , although the virus will still about , hopefully we can learn to live with it and get back to our normal way of life , time will tell .:good:

the nice thing is being a river estuary, i have a choice of 4 sections all within 5-8 miles from the house