Manuel Ricardo/Travel

Rupert

3 hours ago, London Best said:

What a wonderful experience for you to have your dream, bespoke stock made under such pleasant circumstances.  Well done!  
I must refrain from further comment as the stock is absolutely not to my taste, sorry.

The stock is exquisite and I love it. I can see why you won’t like it also, it’s very personal. 

keith is a stunner 🥰 Thankyou so much for sharing your journey!!

3 hours ago, London Best said:

What a wonderful experience for you to have your dream, bespoke stock made under such pleasant circumstances.  Well done!  
I must refrain from further comment as the stock is absolutely not to my taste, sorry.

I bet that the barrels are the wrong way round too.😁

Sat now in departures at Porto, taxi to the airport was 50 euro ish and on my bill at the hotel along with the taxi out last sunday. 

Procedure at Porto,arrive and queue for the check in desk to get the four colour form, retire to a seat and complete it, now if you could scam a second copy on your way out you could save some time and queing here. Then you need to goto the terminal police station,to the left of the entry to the security lanes. Forms,questions, open case,numbers check and back to the check in que. Then when you have done the normal check in luggage bits you get escouted to the oversize baggage part and wave goodbye to your gun case. The police here put a seal across the opening of the case here, i took photos at all stages too, not sure why. 

Flight is delayed now but plenty of food vendors and seats in the terminal. Next weeks Monday appointment,turns out is someone i know lol. No exclusivity  in this game. But i may just seem him next week at Jett Hall.

6 hours ago, Cawdor118 said:

Lovely stock! Does it contain a MR logo engraving anywhere? Or would it pass for an original Krieghoff stock? 

The engraving is optional, and you can have what you want I went with plain and replicated the Krieghoff chequering  so i guess it could look the part.

On arrival at Manchester there is a counter next to the red channel(terminal 1) my box was there as were a dozen or so others, big comp on in Europe? A customs officer and a security agent take you into the red channnel for more paperwork and a numbers check. Then you are free to go.

Edited by Rupert

2 hours ago, discobob said:

Did your original stock go into your ordinary luggage??

My case is cut for 2 guns so it all went in there.  I took my old wood to illustrate the issues i had with my hand position, a lad i took advise from before travel went without his old wood so only one complete gun to bring back.

As an extra to my diary of the trip, the prices discussed at M.R. are net of local Vat @23%, beware the costs when upgrading like me. No card machine on site so i guess its Bank Transfer and the fees that go with.

• 10 months later...

@Rupert

It's been nearly a year. Just to bring this story to an end, how have you found the MR stock? Are you still in love? Are there any negatives? Any regrets or things you'll do differently?

I have a friend that did a covid MR stock order, and whilst it was good, he reverted back as he wasn't happy with the fit. It could be he didn't give it enough time or effort, just wondering how your journey is going 12 months on!

4 hours ago, HantsRob said:

@Rupert

It's been nearly a year. Just to bring this story to an end, how have you found the MR stock? Are you still in love? Are there any negatives? Any regrets or things you'll do differently?

I have a friend that did a covid MR stock order, and whilst it was good, he reverted back as he wasn't happy with the fit. It could be he didn't give it enough time or effort, just wondering how your journey is going 12 months on!

I am very happy will all aspects, the wood fits my frame and particularly my hand way better then the standard wood that came with the gun. I knew right from the start that no amount of euros would make me shoot any better but a feel good factor might on a good day when all the planets align and the weather is nice i might have a bit of luck and put in a decent score for me. And it has a couple of time. What  i do enjoy a lot is the comments on the piece of timber and that will do me

I had the benefit of being there to finesse the details and the team were happy to do it. 

I read on social media MR has had to suspend operations due to a local dispute and is looking to relocate. 

Edited by Rupert