Has anyone ever had any accidents

reloder

Guest Mr Pieman

Let me get this right - you were shooting and someone got in the way and stood the chance of you shooting them accidentally :lol: ? That is SOOOOO your fault!!! Its called awareness of your surroundings!!!! :lol:

Assume everyone around you is a fool and you should be OK :thumbs:

PP

got thrown over the roof of a landrover,trust me it hurts like hell :thumbs:

caught a badger in a fox wire and when me and another keeper attempted to release it the b***er bit my foot and wouldnt let go.ten mins later my " mate " had picked himself off the floor and got it to let go.badger trotted off to recover,i hopped off to hospital.four stitches,painful injections and a ruined pair of hunter wellies :*)

loading for a gun and he shut it before i had removed my finger,much blood.cheeky sod moaned he missed a partridge ! :lol:

next week i take up stamp collecting,much safer :lol:

I was once sat in a hide and went to put the safety lock back on my shotgun and slipped then gun went off infront of my face and let this be a lesson i will never be that lucky ever again.

Please people only take the safety catch off your guns when you are aiming at the vermin you are going to shoot.

:thumbs: I've had my warning don't be caught out

martin,thanks for that :thumbs:

armed idiot ? never been called that before.

irresponsible ? none of what has happened too me was directly my fault.

bet your car,household and all other insurances are dirt cheap if you never have any mishaps.do not wish to get in a slanging match but maybe think before you post insults ? :*)

By reading this string it is good enough for other people to start thinking that there is good reason to make shooting tests written and practical to be taken before certificate's been granted..

Idid not realise there are so many armed idiots and irisponsable morons out there

Digger,

I dont think Martin was refering to your post as it was not about a ridiculous dangerous mistake caused by bad gun safety.

In fact it was rather funny :lol: - I will deffinitly stay clear of badgers from now on :lol: :thumbs:

Not sure this thread is very good for our sport- a bit more bait for anti gun...

cheers,

Tody

Some years ago I was picking up on a Lancashire grouse moor, I was at least 150 yards behind the gun butts lay down low in a hollow in the heather. I lifted my head to have a nose around and caught a single pellet just 1/4 inch from my right eye. It felt as though I had been hit by a flying brick and bled copiously.

On reporting it to the keeper his comment was "serves you right, should keep your ******* head down" Good advise or what.

Jeff

Quite right hg.

As I understand it all the safety catch does is hold back the trigger and stops it from pushing up the sear catch and releasing it. A jolt against the sear's spring however can lift it up and over it's securing point and do the same as when you pull the trigger.

As HG has said never rely on safety catches. When hunting water buffalo last year during a tea break i went back to the "ute" and upon finding a rifle with a closed action immediately opened it. Out popped a 300 grain round nose at my feet when confronting the owner he told me the bolt had been released onto the bullet and was not dangerous. After a few choice words i reminded the owner it only takes about 12 foot pounds of pressure onto the percussion cap to set off a round and driving on the tracks we had been on all day i class myself very lucky an accident did not happen. Always check twice. :thumbs: