Artemis P15

bruno22rf

1 hour ago, bruno22rf said:

I think the titanium cylinder and thre fact that it's regged keeps the price up, never seen one in the flesh but need something really light as the 510 is going to kill me.

Hello bruno, how light is your 510 against the P15 5.5llb , there are not many sub 6 llb air rifles to choose from, have got to a stage where I need shooting sticks most if not all of the time , its only walking around the farm buildings most at night, I don't have woods etc, what about a sling on the 510 ? 

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

According to my kitchen scales the 510, scoped, is 9lbs 4 oz. I dont walk around at all when the gun is out of the bag so a sling would not really help,but just carrying her in a case between feeders and from the car is exhausting, so much so that I'm beginning to miss the furthest feeders. It is no fault of the gun, it's just my failing health (something that I seem to forget about everytime I buy another gun!!) and the 510 is going nowhere as I will continue to use it when I'm targeting one particular feeder. The review I looked at for the P15 says 4.4lbs? Hopefully, if I keep down the scope size, the outfit will come in at under 5.5lbs.

9 minutes ago, bruno22rf said:

According to my kitchen scales the 510, scoped, is 9lbs 4 oz. I dont walk around at all when the gun is out of the bag so a sling would not really help,but just carrying her in a case between feeders and from the car is exhausting, so much so that I'm beginning to miss the furthest feeders. It is no fault of the gun, it's just my failing health (something that I seem to forget about everytime I buy another gun!!) and the 510 is going nowhere as I will continue to use it when I'm targeting one particular feeder. The review I looked at for the P15 says 4.4lbs? Hopefully, if I keep down the scope size, the outfit will come in at under 5.5lbs.

Hello bruno, your right it is 4.4 llb, the 510 is 6.4llb without scope, I am not a fan of bullpups but the P15 looks like a good alternative for you, 

21 minutes ago, bruno22rf said:

The US S510 is 3.4kg which equates to nearly 7 1/2 lbs according to the AA blurb - about half a Hippo according to my arms!!

Hello Bruno, Ok that's heavy for me to, I thought you had a P15 ? , I may look at one myself and look to extend stock butt, hope you get sorted, 

5 minutes ago, bruno22rf said:

Toyed with the idea a while back but never got round to buying one - you can get an extension on the bay of plenty for around £30.

Hello Bruno, yes I looked at those extension pads, there's another type you can get I see on the eBay, I now prefer the light PCPs , will try and find a RFD who has the P15 and take a look, cheers

How heavy is your wildcat ? 

I thought u bought that as your walk about gun ? 

Obviously  the size of scope u bolt on the top has a big baring on the overall weight .

I've just put a fixed power 4x32 on one of my bsa ultras and its surprising how much lighter the over all gun feels compared to ultras with bigger glass .

Worth a thought .

Maybe a 2- 7 x32 scope 

Just put a mtc swat on my recently purchased p15. It is very light.

It's only a cheapo gun (£390 brand new ), yet to upgrade the reg.

I heard alot of things can be done to these, once I brought one finding someone who is willing to tell you is another thing. Dont expect FX / daystate quality from these guns.

Atb

Mart

20210225_220457.jpg

4 hours ago, bruno22rf said:

Sold the Cat about 2 weeks ago (in about 3 hours!!), was thinking about a smaller scope Stu. mmamonster - when did you buy yours, best price I can find is £475.

Hi mate

2nd week in january from a place in Sheffield called NMP group.

Some gun forum wanted 500 second hand.

Atb

Mart

7 hours ago, bruno22rf said:

Toyed with the idea a while back but never got round to buying one - you can get an extension on the bay of plenty for around £30.

Hello Bruno, yes I looked at those extension pads, there's another type you can get I see on the eBay, I now prefer the light PCPs , will try and find a RFD who has the P15 and take a look, cheers

Hello, not to high jack Bruno's wanted ad but I find most PCPs to heavy to shoot with out sticks, but years ago at a shooting show I found a chap making a telescopic  monopod that fitted to a Jim Pike shooting coat, , 2 straps from shoulder fittings to top of monopod near Yoke, and a belt with 2 side fittings and a crossbar held in the front of waist, I have started using again and find much better than carrying sticks when am shooting around the barns at night, you just alter the Yoke height to rest rifle on,