Underbody protection,

Centrepin

I'm looking for reccomendations on underbody protection against rust, mud and all manner of vile stuff that sticks when in pigeon shooting mode.

Needs to be in driving distance of Sheffield as I can no longer do this sort of work myself.

I used to clean and then thickly underseal.

I've been ringing round locally and can find no leads to anyone that still does any type of underbody protection.

2 minutes ago, Centrepin said:

I'm looking for reccomendations on underbody protection against rust, mud and all manner of vile stuff that sticks when in pigeon shooting mode.

Needs to be in driving distance of Sheffield as I can no longer do this sort of work myself.

I used to clean and then thickly underseal.

I've been ringing round locally and can find no leads to anyone that still does any type of underbody protection.

https://www.onestoptyressheffield.co.uk/undercoat

16 hours ago, chilly1981 said:

For some one to do a proper job your going to be looking at over £500 from what I’ve seen. 
but that they should be doing proper job 

pressure wash  , wire brush steam clean fully dry all plastics off etc and treat inner and outer chassis with rust convertor then treat with the protection  and the underside. And that put all plastics etc back on 

And will probably have your car a few days to do it 

Yes, im coming round to thinking that way, the quotes I've had are in that region just for the basics, not including sills or inner chassis.

The best deal so far seems to be "before n after" near Rugby, he gives a 5 year guarantee. 

• 2 weeks later...

I used dinitrol on my l200 was nearly new when I got it so no corrosion to worry about it’s water based so easy to clean any over spray off. Once  dried it’s like a flexible rubber coating. Filled all the box section and chassis with good old wax oil thinned out with white spirt 

Edited by db135

59 minutes ago, ilovemyheckler said:

Is this worth doing?

I have a 20 plate L200 and have got 2 quotes;

Dinitrol - £946.80 inc VAT

Waxoyl- £550.00 inc VAT

Quite a difference in price, which is the best?

For 5 big tubes of dinitrol and 5 litres wax oil cost me under £80

took me most of the day to apply it I wasn’t rushing.  I did it on a dry day and the pickup was clean underneath. 

I did have access to a compressor and already had the spray guns for both as I’ve always done my cars as it really makes a difference in them lasting longer. Never had to replace any corroded brake pipes or chassis welding over the years for most 

2 hours ago, ilovemyheckler said:

Is this worth doing?

I have a 20 plate L200 and have got 2 quotes;

Dinitrol - £946.80 inc VAT

Waxoyl- £550.00 inc VAT

Quite a difference in price, which is the best?

At those prices you have to do it yourself. Waxoyl still probably costs less than £20?   
Dirty job, but I’ll get really dirty for £500..........that doesn’t sound good, does it?

My problem is I can no longer do it myself. Long gone are the days I could lift out an engine and gearbox, strip and rebuild working long into the night, have a shower, breakfast and go on holiday in it straight away. 

It takes half an hour to get off my knees these days. I'll bet I'm not the only one that needs a  rest and a sit down after taking a shower either.🤣🤣

45 minutes ago, Centrepin said:

My problem is I can no longer do it myself. Long gone are the days I could lift out an engine and gearbox, strip and rebuild working long into the night, have a shower, breakfast and go on holiday in it straight away. 

It takes half an hour to get off my knees these days. I'll bet I'm not the only one that needs a  rest and a sit down after taking a shower either.🤣🤣

+1. It’s hell to be old. Still ok with the shower though.