Salmond and Sturgeon

Gordon R

I will admit to having little, if any time, for either of the two. Salmond always seemed all bluster and little substance, whereas Sturgeon always struck me as very limited. 

I watched his appearance before the committee and thought that Sturgeon would be lucky to walk away from all this unscathed. Salmond had more about him than I had thought and seemed like a man on a mission. That he clearly is. Given Sturgeon's promise of openness and transparency, it was clearly demonstrated that this was not the case.

I look forward to her appearance to see whether shouting "Strong for Scotland" will count for anything. I suspect quite a few heads will roll after next week. 

21 minutes ago, Gordon R said:

I will admit to having little, if any time, for either of the two. Salmond always seemed all bluster and little substance, whereas Sturgeon always struck me as very limited. 

I watched his appearance before the committee and thought that Sturgeon would be lucky to walk away from all this unscathed. Salmond had more about him than I had thought and seemed like a man on a mission. That he clearly is. Given Sturgeon's promise of openness and transparency, it was clearly demonstrated that this was not the case.

I look forward to her appearance to see whether shouting "Strong for Scotland" will count for anything. I suspect quite a few heads will roll after next week. 

i was quite surprised at Salmond...........very well versed and erudite/polished...................the thing is he isnt pure as the driven snow...and Sturgeon /Murrel...has or did have extreme control of the civil service....dont bite the hand that feeds you......

I believe Sturgeon/murrel will totally get away with this although not totally unscathed...........Murrel is the one to watch....i think he is a scheming nasty peice of work....he is the string puller............cut those strings and things will change

i will be watching Sturgeon at the hearing on the 30 second delay

Sturgeon is nothing more than a punch drunk dictator that we’ve seen so many times from around the world , clinging on to an ill gotten dream of a second referendum going her way and saving her from certain doom , if memory serves me correctly didn’t a certain Argentine general try this with the Falklands , didn’t end well for him either 

13 hours ago, Scully said:

It’s a dirty old game is politics.

This /\.

I have no sympathy for either as I don't like them, or their policies.  However - both are ruthless, skilled, eloquent and clever political 'operators' and I think the next few weeks will be interesting to watch.  Whether we will ever find out the 'truth' is doubtful, but it will be interesting to watch the 'power play' of two heavyweights.  The losers will be the people of Scotland.

1 hour ago, JohnfromUK said:

This /\.

I have no sympathy for either as I don't like them, or their policies.  However - both are ruthless, skilled, eloquent and clever political 'operators' and I think the next few weeks will be interesting to watch.  Whether we will ever find out the 'truth' is doubtful, but it will be interesting to watch the 'power play' of two heavyweights.  The losers will be the people of Scotland.

You can't handle the truth! Or the truth will never out, one or the other.

I must admit, to echo Gordon, I was impressed with Salmond's delivery of his evidence. Thats the key point in all this, he has got real evidence that they were fishing for people to make complaints against him. Plotting behind his back

I don't like him but I wish him luck

Insight: The Alex Salmond inquiry and unpicking a tangle of disinformation | The Scotsman

17 hours ago, moose man said:

An absolute win double .....as shallow as a dried up river bed .

Oh you know it.

Whatever happens, it’s a win for unionists.

These two clowns are self serving career politicians and at least one of them has to be fundamentally dishonest..... and let the pantomime play on.

Well done Scotland, you got the Government you asked for. 

1 hour ago, Mungler said:

Oh you know it.

Whatever happens, it’s a win for unionists.

These two clowns are self serving career politicians and at least one of them has to be fundamentally dishonest..... and let the pantomime play on.

Well done Scotland, you got the Government you asked for. 

Not all of us , more here in Scotland  voted for Brexit , than did for the SNP party . There success  was down to the lack of trust people had in both the Labour  and the Conservative  parties  . Hope we see some changes in this next election  in May , hope to see the SNP loose more seats .

2 hours ago, johnphilip said:

Not all of us , more here in Scotland  voted for Brexit , than did for the SNP party . There success  was down to the lack of trust people had in both the Labour  and the Conservative  parties  . Hope we see some changes in this next election  in May , hope to see the SNP loose more seats .

Hi John Philip

I believe in your area and all along the general border regions people who want to stay in the union are the largest majority. However the stronghold of the SNP is around Glasgow and along the central belt,  is that correct. 

1 hour ago, TRINITY said:

Hi John Philip

I believe in your area and all along the general border regions people who want to stay in the union are the largest majority. However the stronghold of the SNP is around Glasgow and along the central belt,  is that correct. 

Yes , I think so , with a lot of farming communities  they tend to vote Conservative.  I think 70 - 80 % of people live in the central  belt .

40 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

AND people keep voting for them which shows that there are some seriously dim people in Scotland to which I am very surprised because all those I have met over the years have been canny folk.

Its the way they have been brought up , first time I went to Glasgow  in the early 60s to visit my mums sister  she had moved over to Glasgow with the ten kids .

This was in new city  road in Glasgow  , they were all tenement  house , I was about 10 , and from the north east of England,  we were playing out the back this lad a little bit older came up to me and asked , are you a Catholic  or prodey . I said Catholic  he stuck the nut on me so I gave a couple back but harder . I said to my cousins what the hell was all that about.  Even at ten it got me thinking , we did not do things like that down in England  . We just accepted  people had different  religious  belives , so kids are brought up to hate the English  , they dont know why . They just do . I moved here to Southwest  Scotland  and been made most  welcome by everyone,  many new amazing friends  , I love the place and its people . You can go in any shop , they are  some of the nicest people .. 

1 hour ago, Walker570 said:

AND people keep voting for them which shows that there are some seriously dim people in Scotland to which I am very surprised because all those I have met over the years have been canny folk.

Unfortunately, but please dont tarnish us all with the same brush. Interesting to read some of the comments and mostly from guys south of border. I personally dont like the little Jimmy Krankie or the SNP politics but I do believe she has handled the C19 situation in Scotland well. There will be some fallout from this and hopefully it will be seen in the forthcoming "scottish county council " elections although it will be difficult to over throw the hard core central belt but division within the ranks is what I want

2 minutes ago, big bad lindz said:

Unfortunately, but please dont tarnish us all with the same brush. Interesting to read some of the comments and mostly from guys south of border. I personally dont like the little Jimmy Krankie or the SNP politics but I do believe she has handled the C19 situation in Scotland well. There will be some fallout from this and hopefully it will be seen in the forthcoming "scottish county council " elections although it will be difficult to over throw the hard core central belt but division within the ranks is what I want

Scotland, with a much smaller population, had a higher WuFlu death toll than several European countries.
Sturgeon has made as good a job of it as she has of all her other projects....Edinburgh Childrens Hospital, Edinburgh Trams (NOT going to Leith as they'd been promised), Forth Road Bridge(s), etc.

5 minutes ago, saddler said:

Scotland, with a much smaller population, had a higher WuFlu death toll than several European countries.
Sturgeon has made as good a job of it as she has of all her other projects....Edinburgh Childrens Hospital, Edinburgh Trams (NOT going to Leith as they'd been promised), Forth Road Bridge(s), etc.

very glad we are still part of the Union I dont know where we would be without the bigger financial backing of GB. 

Going back to the topic, both of them are very good with words and getting a message across to there followers and hangers on. If the outcome of the Scottish Parliament (council) investigation doesn't change things then If she gets her own way in the May elections then I think unfortunately we will have the indy ref nonsense all over again and hopefully it will fail again and then just maybe she will fall on her sword just like her once mentor and best friend did and the rest of the brave heart numpties can wake up and smell the coffee 

28 minutes ago, big bad lindz said:

Never fear....I am sure you are one of the 'canny folk'  :yes:

It's typical of their ilk that they seem to have VERY selective memories - as quite a few SNP MSP's as well as the Wee Krankie herself are now toeing the line that it was never stated at any time by anyone from the SNP that the Indy vote was a once only thing = even when faced with lots of print media coverage, TV & radio interviews, SNP publicity material from the time, etc. showing that they did at the time state that the Indy vote was going to be a once in a generation opportunity...!!
I can even remember Krankie saying as much when the results were announced on a live TV interview

Very glad that my plan to get out of the Forth Reich worked without too many glitches

1 minute ago, big bad lindz said:

I hope so,  I "canny" be farsed with them I just dont understand how some people cant or wont see the big picture

The SNP seem to appeal to a core of vested interest voters: mainly those who rely on having a regular pay out from the SNP coffers to put food on the table; and there is a huge percentage of Scots who are so reliant through not only state benefit or state pension, but state employment in local government, NHS, etc.