Salmond and Sturgeon

Gordon R

7 hours ago, Gordon R said:

johnphilip - my grandparents were from County Donegal - McNamee.

Me mum came from a small place called Dunaff , they lived in a small Donegal cottage about 1/2 mile from the sea they worked there small plot of land and worked the sea , for the crab and lobster,  the most beautiful  spot , 

The first time I went over as a boy  was in 1961 , no water in the house , a small well 50 yards up the lane . Spent most of my time on the beach , happy days . I think there's a member  on here lives near by . 

Did you ever go over Gordon to visit  .

Screenshot_20210301-080336_Maps.jpg

1 hour ago, Gordon R said:

johnphilip - never been there, but really should have made the effort. 

Oh its really  beautiful  Gordon all the west coast is amazing . Has to be seen to believed,  found the coastal  areas more beautiful  that in the middle  of the country  drove right around it a  few years ago in my motorhome  . You need to add it to your list .

I wanted to do the ferry from Holyhead and drive around the coast until we got to Donegal. The thing that held me back was my wife's reluctance to travel on a car ferry. She went to the Isle of Man as a child and was really seasick. She remains unconvinced about shipping advances.

38 minutes ago, Gordon R said:

She went to the Isle of Man as a child and was really seasick. She remains unconvinced about shipping advances.

Fly over to belfast or even derry hire van car bike and set off for the west coast and from the ferry over the foyle to the bottom of the island you will be wowed in a good way....we have some amazing views drives nooks and hollows and people/characters who will entertain you.....

But one warning.....dont expect sunshine.......!!!!

They’re both toxic - and have problems with women. All this “trans” rubbish, she’s in the closet anyway and he’s tainted by “no smoke without fire”.

All that would be fine, as would her “husband” being Laird of the Clan SNP and treating Scotland like a Middle Ages fiefdom, if they weren’t England’s needy next door neighbour.  

We’ve been sorting out this mess since about the Middle Ages anyway.  However, regime change will be unnecessary as they tear themselves apart and leave the SNP without real leadership. 

23 minutes ago, Flashman said:

They’re both toxic - and have problems with women. All this “trans” rubbish, she’s in the closet anyway and he’s tainted by “no smoke without fire”.

All that would be fine, as would her “husband” being Laird of the Clan SNP and treating Scotland like a Middle Ages fiefdom, if they weren’t England’s needy next door neighbour.  

We’ve been sorting out this mess since about the Middle Ages anyway.  However, regime change will be unnecessary as they tear themselves apart and leave the SNP without real leadership. 

just about sums it all up in the simplest of terms..:good:

9 hours ago, Flashman said:

Let's hope this is true, then this going it alone nonsense will go away for good.

Sweeney eventually had his head put on the chopping block of being threatened, for the third time with a vote of no confidence.  He has now given in and will produce the legal guidance given to them which let them go after Salmond.  I think he has been not only the deputy leader but the whipping boy to save Sturgeon. Tomorrow will be very interesting now.  Will she or will she not end up resigning?🤓

Pushkin:yahoo:

squeaky bum time for sturgeon..............the commitee/enquiry are surgically going thro her.................she is starting to babble.....deflect....obvuscate.............and the enquiry are getting more frustrated with her answers..............

what with all this and the budget at 12.30............and kevin the carrot and markel spakel...........ive made a good hot chile con-carne in the slow cooker..........im in my element

note to ones self......................"i must get a life"

18 minutes ago, ditchman said:

squeaky bum time for sturgeon..............the commitee/enquiry are surgically going thro her.................she is starting to babble.....deflect....obvuscate.............and the enquiry are getting more frustrated with her answers..............

what with all this and the budget at 12.30............and kevin the carrot and markel spakel...........ive made a good hot chile con-carne in the slow cooker..........im in my element

Must admit ditchy...I seem to be having a parallel existence with you today....other than the Chile cc

Edited by TRINITY

Watched a bit of it today. I always said she wasn't very bright and I feel that even more so now. She doesn't think on her feet and just rambles on. She claims to have answered questions several times before, but the reality is that she has failed to answer them before. At one point she said she had answered the same question three times - the wonderfully persistent Labour lady said "Well just answer it a fourth time".

Her performance was in complete contrast to Salmond's. No time for either, but he is far more credible than her. 

44 minutes ago, Gordon R said:

Watched a bit of it today. I always said she wasn't very bright and I feel that even more so now. She doesn't think on her feet and just rambles on. She claims to have answered questions several times before, but the reality is that she has failed to answer them before. At one point she said she had answered the same question three times - the wonderfully persistent Labour lady said "Well just answer it a fourth time".

Her performance was in complete contrast to Salmond's. No time for either, but he is far more credible than her. 

quite agree................towards the end the convenor was falling out with the rest of her team...it was quite funny....then they cut to the budget fallout and i missed the rest

still some statements / evidence that is being held back...love to know what is in them...stuff that will contridict her no doubt

think she might get away with it ...but she will be damaged goods and will have to consider her position and the referendum question......cant see swinney taking over ...he is a bloody old woman...

On 28/02/2021 at 14:40, johnphilip said:

Not all of us , more here in Scotland  voted for Brexit , than did for the SNP party . There success  was down to the lack of trust people had in both the Labour  and the Conservative  parties  . Hope we see some changes in this next election  in May , hope to see the SNP loose more seats .

Well said As i live just south of the Border and knew you Scots did not want independence. Even thought Jimmy cranky tried to brainwashs the kids . If she goes for another vote She'll be in the hospitals getting hand prints form babies and  X's from the insane

22 minutes ago, sabel25 said:

Well said As i live just south of the Border and knew you Scots did not want independence. Even thought Jimmy cranky tried to brainwashs the kids . If she goes for another vote She'll be in the hospitals getting hand prints form babies and  X's from the insane

Love it 😀😀😀

3 hours ago, Gordon R said:

I haven't watched anything,  but it sounds like when she's put under pressure the cracks are showing,  O the joy.

10 hours ago, ditchman said:

you can see the subjects she dont like...............she folds her arms across her chest to create a barrier between her and the enquiry member.........but she does babble

11 hours ago, ditchman said:

Cracking description Ditchy, but now I want Chilli.