Lead shot for live quarry - a five-year transition, not a one-year solution

Conor O'Gorman

5 hours ago, Fellside said:

Conor,

I have now read the paper you sent me re lead shot / terrestrial habitats. Well..... more of a literature review really. I have to say it was very robust and thorough. This is the authoritative evidence I’ve been looking for - and does leave us in no doubt re phasing out lead shot. 

May I recommend that this paper becomes your ‘gold standard’ study’ - the clincher. The earlier biased and weak papers which were being bandied about were never credible. You were always going to meet resistance with those. I think you (we) have an irrefutable evidence base now. 

I hope you didn’t mind my earlier challenges re the initial papers - they had obvious problems which needed highlighting. Thank you for your  efforts. 

@Fellside

Thank you. I was expecting the opposite reaction (or none at all) as your feedback on the paper and I apologise for misjudging your clearly open minded position on this topic.

For those that have not read the paper it is here:

https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s13280-019-01159-0

And that paper is part of a wider collection of papers published in 2019 evidencing the latest research on the impact of lead ammunition on wildlife, environment and human health here:

https://link.springer.com/journal/13280/volumes-and-issues/48-9

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic