Who has been out in the sun? (Motorcycles)

Pangolin

6 minutes ago, wabbitbosher said:

Picked up a prescription for my mum today on my thunderbird 

Great, powerful bike, dont see many of them around now. Ive been doing any of the managable shopping on the bike, especially as its a new bike for me I wanted to get as familiar with it as possible.

4 minutes ago, eggy74 said:

planning to get the first miles of the year done tomorrow, think it is  degree or 2 warmer than today

Its about the same temp where I am, I've been going to work in the 3c to 5c temp range of the mornings jsut to enjoy the sunny 10c to 12c ride home.

What are you riding?

3 hours ago, sam triple said:

10A2592F-412D-4A92-9537-AE0B13C2C8CD.jpeg

I love the induction noise on those.

Its looking nice out today, I'm sure you may need to take the long way to the supermarket to get some 'essential' items. Haha.

20 minutes ago, southeastpete said:

No, but I’ve felt incredibly sad when they ride past, as I can no longer afford one 😪

Hard time.

Any chance of getting something really cheap on the road?

Im looking out of the window, deffo going out again today.

4 minutes ago, 39TDS said:

Ahole next door has been repeatedly revving the nuts off his very loud bike for no reason if that counts.

Was very tempted to let him hear my very loud chainsaw at 7am.

How kind of them. A neighbour or mine is an enthusiast of strimming at 7am most weekends. Haha.

Had to to take my Yam FJR1300 in for a factory recall last week and they lent me a new Z900 while it was being done, bit of a blast from the past riding one of those mind I don't think the original Z9's or Z1's handle as well as the newer version. It was a very foggy and cold ride over yesterday morning but warmed up nice for the ride home and really enjoyed myself.

Did take on photo of the Z900

BKKB9248.JPG

Really lucky with the weather last Wednesday 15C here in Norfolk, one advantage of living out in the sticks is it's a 20 mile each way journey for the MOT, thats the ST2 legal again. Totally lost track of when the test was due with the six month Covid extension........ 

1 hour ago, powler said:

Had to to take my Yam FJR1300 in for a factory recall last week and they lent me a new Z900 while it was being done, bit of a blast from the past riding one of those mind I don't think the original Z9's or Z1's handle as well as the newer version. It was a very foggy and cold ride over yesterday morning but warmed up nice for the ride home and really enjoyed myself.

Did take on photo of the Z900

BKKB9248.JPG

Bit of a change from a FJR, did you enjoy it?

10 minutes ago, handy4454 said:

Really lucky with the weather last Wednesday 15C here in Norfolk, one advantage of living out in the sticks is it's a 20 mile each way journey for the MOT, thats the ST2 legal again. Totally lost track of when the test was due with the six month Covid extension........ 

I think my car is up in April, Bike isnt due its first MOT yet.

5 hours ago, Pangolin said:

Hard time.

Any chance of getting something really cheap on the road?

Not really. I do have a Yamaha rxs 100 in the barn, but just can’t afford to put it on the road really. 

Been lucky and had a few bikes, ninja 600, Daytona 675, cbr600rr, buell x1, another Daytona 675, then the rxs 100.

one day I’ll get another decent bike. I’d love another Daytona, or buell. Or maybe try an mt10, or a ktm.... lol

4 hours ago, Pangolin said:

Bit of a change from a FJR, did you enjoy it?

Yer it was a completely different animal but was fun to ride and easy in town traffic, on the open road felt faster than I was travelling due to no plastics, not as comfy as the FJR and not as powerful, suspension was harder and the brakes not as responsive but engine braking felt good. All in Z900 a fun bike to ride, great for a blast out but I wouldn't want to tour on one.

3 hours ago, southeastpete said:

Not really. I do have a Yamaha rxs 100 in the barn, but just can’t afford to put it on the road really. 

Been lucky and had a few bikes, ninja 600, Daytona 675, cbr600rr, buell x1, another Daytona 675, then the rxs 100.

one day I’ll get another decent bike. I’d love another Daytona, or buell. Or maybe try an mt10, or a ktm.... lol

I like the 675, they make good track bikes. Go get a mental supercharged H2.

3 hours ago, powler said:

Yer it was a completely different animal but was fun to ride and easy in town traffic, on the open road felt faster than I was travelling due to no plastics, not as comfy as the FJR and not as powerful, suspension was harder and the brakes not as responsive but engine braking felt good. All in Z900 a fun bike to ride, great for a blast out but I wouldn't want to tour on one.

The KTM gets a bit windy, if they ease the restrictions as planned I'm going for a few wild camps on the Duke. Its a no go at the min as North Wales police are well keen as always.

12 minutes ago, ratchers said:

I traded my Harley custom for  Triumph Bonneville Speedmaster 1200 in December, just wish I could get out, the garge is full of **** that I cant get rid of due to lockdown.

My old bike pictured.

001.JPG

I got rid of my 1100 dragstar for the KTM 790, I liked the cruiser but the KTM is far more fun.

I have been riding my bike to work and back everyday from orpington to London and back and delivering a few parcels along the way the only time I haven’t was 2 days I couldn’t get out because of snow I ride a Honda nt700 deauville as fun it is boring but as a tool to use for work I can’t knock it it starts and goes everyday and has never let me down can’t ask for much more really

20 hours ago, nobbyathome said:

I have been riding my bike to work and back everyday from orpington to London and back and delivering a few parcels along the way the only time I haven’t was 2 days I couldn’t get out because of snow I ride a Honda nt700 deauville as fun it is boring but as a tool to use for work I can’t knock it it starts and goes everyday and has never let me down can’t ask for much more really

They look like a workhorse, had to look them up, seems people like them for the fuel economy and reliability.

6 minutes ago, sam triple said:

Taxed it today 

Just in time for the fog and cloudy week, haha, hopefully it clears up.