Norfolk Job Opportunity!

NatureBoy

Holkham Estate looking for a Seasonal Beach Warden. What a great job and office to have for the Spring/Summer.

But what made me chuckle and something you don't see in many job descriptions was, " On particularly hot days, regular checks and engagement with visitors to the nudist area." 😉

If only i was closer!        NB

3 hours ago, NatureBoy said:

Holkham Estate looking for a Seasonal Beach Warden. What a great job and office to have for the Spring/Summer.

But what made me chuckle and something you don't see in many job descriptions was, " On particularly hot days, regular checks and engagement with visitors to the nudist area." 😉

If only i was closer!        NB

Did ditchman retire then ?.😆

22 hours ago, stoggieman said:

The que for this job starts in Glasgow

you are very nearly spot on, that is exactly where the traffic jam starts every weekend to get to the beach. A nightmare for locals and if you did not live locally add 4 hours to your working day to get there on time and for getting home

4 hours ago, Mr.C said:

I must be getting old, I read beech warden and thought it rather a specific arboreal caretaking job. 

There might be a bit of wood around.😉 They are also looking for a forester. Probably for tackling wayward bush. Undress code maybe?😉 Apparently no naturist's allowed in the dunes or forest now. . .  They had probs in past and band it for a while. . . .Holkham great place any time of year. As has been said BIG ques in nice weather. Will be worse at mo and if sea eagles are introduced that way. Even more Twitching and big scopes😉 . .  Interesting they recruiting while most of RSPB or WT staff are still furloughed or been laid off. When was the last time you saw any of their field workers about or on site? NT Dunwich Heath in Suffolk still only able to visit by booking only. Puts lot of pressure on what were other quiet areas and farmland.  . . .Jake Fiennes and team doing great conservation work there. That's what you get when you use the skills of a former game keeper with vision and someone with (literaly at Holkham) big sky thinking . . . . i hear the spoonbills came back early last week?   NB