Land Rover 90 1985 with 200tdi defender engine

lister1

For sale is my 1985 Land Rover 90 with 200tdi defender engine. I’ve had this Landy a few years, I had it on the road for a while but wanted to do a full restoration but have never had time and as such have decided to sell.

This is a project that I have part done. I have fabricated and replaced the rear crossmembers, the mid crossmembers, re-built the rear diff, rear tub has bred done, I fabricated a stainless steel section that sits at the back of the rear tub, new wiring loom from auto sparks with blade fuses. Loads of other work done. I’ve got lots of receipts for the parts I’ve already replaced. The vehicle is complete, albeit not together.  Needs some work to the front of the chassis.

4 good BF Goodrich AT tyres. 

I have the log book. 

starts and runs well.

Please no tyre kickers or time wasters.

viewings welcome but for serious buyers only. Sold as seen. 

I did have a running post on the LRUK formum which shows some of the work I’ve done. Link below.

https://www.lrukforums.com/threads/1985-lr90-restoration.89620/

As people seem sensible on here I thought I would try here first. 

Located PE13 between Wisbech / Peterborough

Price £2,750.00 ovno. 

If anyone is interested I can email full size photos.

This is one of those situations where I wish I had time to finish this but I don’t, ideally I’d like to seel this to someone who will finish it. I’m not interested in breaking. Does need a battery, I borrowed one to start it. All the gears engage, in fact I did drive it off the trailer when we moved house.

FADCCE25-06FA-440A-8B22-0206366B99BD.png

011B3404-FC76-46F1-9E7E-149356506CDD.png

ED9FBB47-0D73-45A6-89E7-9680CEE09EF7.png

6D4670D8-AF53-41A7-A2F7-88A0CC45F924.png

3823290D-9713-4CC4-956C-DF4EBDDE7123.png

0F1FF0E1-D3E9-4EF4-9FA2-AD2421CB6AC7.png

AB4D6004-17AD-46C2-8D28-0D6C8282F1A7.png

Edited by lister1
Added more info.

Thanks Ian, I will be sad when it’s gone but it really deserves to be finished and I simply don’t have the time. When lockdown kick in I thought I might get it done but work just got busier, I’m not complaining about being busy mind. 

We made the new crossmembers from press 6mm sheet! It’s got to be the best rear crossmember ever! 

I really wasn’t thinking about any more projects, but for some sadistic reason I miss my Landy and even more strange I miss working on them.

so.

can you send me a comprehensive list of everything that’s left to do, what the chassis like, dumb irons, out riggers, what condition is the bulkhead in.

starts and runs ok, did it go through all the gears ok, 4wd all work, ?

Im expecting some finishing obviously, but want to grasp what sort of level is needed.

cheers

Rob

I can’t do comprehensive list, you know as well as I do that you can’t be 100% until you start pulling things apart.

but from the top of my head:

new dumb irons needed

out ruggers good but the passenger side bulk head out rigger needs to come off as the chassis needs a patch there.

bulk head no too bad, I’ve done the driver side foot week, passenger side foot well needs finishing. I’ve patched the top corners. Needs a new driver side foot.

too sim it up, I’ve done from the rear cross member to the seat box/gear box area. 

As far as I’m aware all the gears work. High and low.

this is a project and I can only recommend anyone who is seriously interest that they come and look at it.

I can recommend a new Richard’s Chassis, much easier to work that way the forever patching, do it correctly and the results fetch over £15k, do it cheaply at your only breaking even when you sell.

price is good I’ve seen worst project’s fetch more money 

Edited by Modafinale

Had I not already have a 90 in my yard then I would have jumped at this and imediately put a galv chasiis on it. From there then sorting a 90 is pretty simple and can be done in stages as i have done mine. LT 85 box   3.9 V8  Classic rear axle(disc brakes) etc etc.  Big Meccano set , go for it.

• 2 weeks later...