Carrying gun on motorbike.

RockySpears

OK, Looking to retire the car.  Back to motorbike (no need to ferry kids around anymore).

Looking at an "Adventure Bike", (second hand less than £5,000) to go down tracks and off road for the PSG, clays etc etc, don't want to waste money on a 4x4, nor do I have the money.

However, can I heck find a way to affix a shotgun to a bike.  The US has them, but many are home made

Is there any UK supplier of ways to attach a shotgun (not breakdown) 45 - 50" long, to a motorbike?

Yours,

RS

27 minutes ago, The Heron said:

Yes I know a lot of people who do that. 

There used to be a famous story from days past of someone using their work motorbike to call to collect a new gun purchase, while on duty, before riding back to clock out for the day
The gun in question as a brand new Israeli made Galil semi-auto rifle; so not having a case or any other way of carrying, he attaches the sling to it, then digs in the bike panniers and bungees onto the rifle a pair of old waterproof trousers. Job done. No worries.
...except he's only done a few hundred yards before the leggings come off the rifle

He's then doing several miles back to work with a bare rifle on his back

As if that wasn't good enough, he was on duty as a motorbike Policeman that day, so was in uniform on his issue bike.

While it was some days long past, it was long before the common uptake of mobile phones, but even still, his bosses at work knew exactly where he was from the location of the most recent caller, from a long list of such calls, to report a policeman carrying a machine gun on his motorbike!
He got a bit of a talking to as a result....as you'd expect

12 hours ago, saddler said:

There used to be a famous story from days past of someone using their work motorbike to call to collect a new gun purchase, while on duty, before riding back to clock out for the day
The gun in question as a brand new Israeli made Galil semi-auto rifle; so not having a case or any other way of carrying, he attaches the sling to it, then digs in the bike panniers and bungees onto the rifle a pair of old waterproof trousers. Job done. No worries.
...except he's only done a few hundred yards before the leggings come off the rifle

He's then doing several miles back to work with a bare rifle on his back

As if that wasn't good enough, he was on duty as a motorbike Policeman that day, so was in uniform on his issue bike.

While it was some days long past, it was long before the common uptake of mobile phones, but even still, his bosses at work knew exactly where he was from the location of the most recent caller, from a long list of such calls, to report a policeman carrying a machine gun on his motorbike!
He got a bit of a talking to as a result....as you'd expect

That's a great story. 

14 hours ago, Walker570 said:

Obviously a previous question on this subject

I'll have a dig around for that, thank you.  I have seen the ATV versions, but would ideally like something made for the bike.  Google turns up a lot of US centric stuff, really not much for the UK.  I'll look at the Kolpin boot too, looks hopeful,

Thank you,

RS

3 hours ago, Spr1985 said:

Armstrong mt500

Right sort of bike, just add knobbly tyres and we're off.  Sadly, however, my Supernova 11 +1 pump is never going to fit in that slip/case.  Looks like the Kolpin suggestion earlier is my best bet.  I have email the company asking about bike mounts, not ATV's

Cheers,

RS

Not rocket science to make some up anyway.  That Kolpin will protect the gun as well should you drop the bike.

29 minutes ago, RockySpears said:

Right sort of bike, just add knobbly tyres and we're off.  Sadly, however, my Supernova 11 +1 pump is never going to fit in that slip/case.  Looks like the Kolpin suggestion earlier is my best bet.  I have email the company asking about bike mounts, not ATV's

Cheers,

RS