Another bit of bunnie bolting! 🙂

Scully

For some reason if I post the pic first I can’t post text! But I forgot which way round I had to do it! 🙂

Anyhow, there are 19 there, and we left another 2 where they were as they weren’t worth picking up, and another 3 which we couldn’t recover, but I seriously doubt will have made it through the afternoon. 
A grand larl day; the sun shone and there was actual heat in it ( I had to remove my jacket! ) the bunnies bolted like good uns, there were no lay ups, and there was only four which we failed to shoot at for whatever reason. 
The strangest one was an absolutely soaking wet rabbit which bolted towards me, shedding water as it ran, so I’m assuming it swam underground somewhere! 
A lot of the does we shot were in varying stages of pregnancy, which we didn’t see any evidence of a fortnight ago. 
Really really enjoyed ourselves. Good craic with good mates, a shining sun and lots of shooting! What more could you want!🙂

40 minutes ago, mel b3 said:

That's a fine day out you've had Scully 👍

Thanks. Yeah, it was. 🙂

30 minutes ago, Longbower said:

Good hunting Scully.   Last time I saw that many rabbits , I was in pets at home !

I don't think there's that many in Cheshire.😄

And thanks to you too! 🙂

I only shoot using air rifles, but take a great interest in all aspects of shooting and, as I said on your previous thread, this must be so thrilling and exciting and enjoyable, while doing a 'job' of sorts 😁 I think if I used shotguns, I'd prefer this to 'banging away' at feathered pests [although I prefer eating pigeon than rabbit] 😊 Well done and thanks for posting again 👍

Edited by JKD

Thankyou. Yes, it really is an exciting form of pest control, and the landowner is very pleased. I’ve no doubt ferreting to nets would be more thorough, but like I said, there aren’t many escapees at all if you’re on the ball, plus I’m of an age now I don’t want to be scrambling about on my knees. 🙂

• 1 month later...