Beretta eelll 12bore

Joe180

from owning eell's I would think the 687 "classic" eell fixed choke field model would be the lightest, mine were 28" and certainly felt light, I now own a 28" multi choke 687 eell sporter with the vented mid rib and that certainly does not feel heavy, mind its all to do with the handling and balance. 

you need to get 'hands on' go out and handle some

Edited by itchy trigger
""

22 hours ago, Joe180 said:

I am interested in buying a beretta EELL 12 bore 30”barrels, there are so many models ,which is most popular,reason I’m asking I want one no heavier than 71/2 lb I have seen some over 8lbs which seem far too heavy for this model.

Are you sure? Been there, done that, got rid.

I have a 57EL game model (an immediate predecessor of the 687 EELL) with 28" barrels, 14 1/2" stock with slimmed pistol grip.  It weights about 7 lbs and 5 or 6 ounces depending on barrels (it has 2 pairs).  It does not however 'feel' particularly light because the weight is quite distributed.  A similar (28" with 14 1/2" stock) Merkel 303 is about the same weight (in fact an ounce heavier at 7 lbs 7 oz), but 'feels' much lighter because the weight is more concentrated between the hands.

I doubt you will find a 30" much under 7 1/2 lbs - and it will probably 'feel' heavier with 30" barrels than 28".  In general, longer barrels add a little weight, but also 'feel' a little heavier (in my view anyway).