Wanted - ruger offset scope ring.

Wb123

On 02/03/2021 at 19:14, Wb123 said:

I’m struggling to get a no1 set up with a S&B 6x42 and am looking for a offset ring (one inch or 30mm ok) and matching height standard ring. Ideally blued but would take anything. 

Just to confirm, are we talking about a Ruger No 1 rifle? (like what I got with a S&B 4-16X50 Precision Hunter sat on it)

Hopefully this illustrates the problem getting the scope far enough towards the shoulder. The second photo is of my other rifle also with an S&B 6x42 (an older one which seems to have 1cm shorter eye relief. The length of pull is more or less identical between the stocks. 

F5767870-4325-4EA2-8A27-B03F596E7F83.jpeg

Below is my cz452, it comes up to the shoulder for a perfect view every time, like mounting my favourite shotgun, which is what I am trying to replicate on the no1 but hopefully without resorting to the comb riser. The scope on the 452 is a shorter eye relief, but allowing for the difference it seems I need to move the scope on the no1 back about 2cm which will require slightly higher rings and a rearward offset.

4C3CCE51-226A-4A97-97AB-ADF7CFF9322B.jpeg

Edited by Wb123

!A?

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1008922811?pid=460467

Posted the above link as this is what I had to get although I got it from Brownell's here in the UK. I didn't want to risk any damage by trying to remove the existing base. This is pricey, but works. My problem was the same as yours - reducing the LoP may well help. Even with the rail I had to chamfer the front of the rail to stop the scope optic cone binding on it. If it helps at all, I have a collection of Ruger steel rings for both scope diameters and scope heights. Good luck.

I have a set of millets rings on the way that I might try taking a file to to gain a few more millimetres in the hope I can get it close enough. Ideally I need 2cm, but I think I can get 1cm with a slightly higher set of rings and a file. If that’s comfy enough it should hopefully do. I don’t particularly want to add more layers of variability between the rifle and the scope of possible.