Sparkle Markle & Mail

ditchman

9 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

£67 million in 2018/19 not including any refurbishment costs to the Royal Properties, 

Not including the cost of Security 

We could give the crown estates back and let them fend for themselves, and remember the refurbisment that is done on the royal properties from the tax payers pocket is because the tax payer owns those properties.

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The taxpayer pays for the 'working' Royals.  That is members who conduct public duties, from opening events, hospitals, buildings etc to doing flag waving tours at home and abroad, supporting charities, entertaining foreign dignitaries, handing out awards, and for the very seniors, opening parliament etc.  This is basically done for the UK public (whether they happen to like it or not, but that is how it has always been)

Harry and Meghan have chosen not to do any of that - they didn't like it/it didn't suit them, whatever - therefore it is right (in my view) that they no longer get support from the UK public.

The colour of the baby before he was born was something that everyone, no matter what colour or who they were thought about, it is not racist, but quite a normal question in that the mother is of black heritage and Harry white.  Megan is not in my opinion the inocent or injured party that she makes out to be, more a manipulative opportunist who saw Harry as a means to get on the world stage. 

Just now, butchdickason said:

Megan is not in my opinion the inocent or injured party that she makes out to be, more a manipulative opportunist who saw Harry as a means to get on the world stage.

Agreed.

Britain is NOT a racist country.  Just look at the diversity present at the top of Government, where the main 'Offices of State of Chancellor, Home Secretary and Foreign Secretary are examples of how diverse senior posts in Government are.  And there are many more examples as MPs of all parties, junior ministers, other elected officials at all levels of local and national government.

Like any country, individuals may have their own views ........ but I say again, Britain is not a racist country.

1 hour ago, JohnfromUK said:

According to Oprah (apparently at the commencement of the TV interview), they are not being paid .......... show she will probably 'absorb' any fee they may have had.

CBS have stated they paid $7 million dollars upfront for the interveiw and total reciepts are expected to exceed the superbowl show

where and who did the monies go to ?

Just now, ditchman said:

CBS have stated they paid $7 million dollars upfront for the interveiw and total reciepts are expected to exceed the superbowl show

I presume CBS, less the $&M they have agreed to par Oprah.

34 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

£67 million in 2018/19 not including any refurbishment costs to the Royal Properties, 

Not including the cost of Security 

don't they take part of their income from Crown Estate who made £350 million pound profit 2018/19 and is worth around £14 billion.

56 minutes ago, old'un said:

don't they take part of their income from Crown Estate who made £350 million pound profit 2018/19 and is worth around £14 billion.

Hello, maybe they should take all their income from the Crown Estates, 

1 hour ago, ditchman said:

Hello, interesting question Simon, 

1 hour ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, maybe they should take all their income from the Crown Estates, 

Hello, interesting question Simon, 

The monarchy's value as a business is said to be worth £25.5 billion to the UK, the Royal family bring in £1.8 billion to the British economy each year, the Queen and prince Phillip alone generate £550 million each year for the UK all of which goes to the treasury, perhaps they could take a bit out of that? the monarchy own nothing, it all belongs to the country, they are just guardians.

2 minutes ago, old'un said:

the monarchy own nothing, it all belongs to the country, they are just guardians.

Not fully correct I believe.  The main castles, palaces, Royal estates are indeed owned by 'the nation', however;

H.M. The Queen owns Sandringham and Balmoral personally (they were bought by Prince Albert/Queen Victoria).  Prince Charles owns Highrove and Princess Anne Gatcombe Park.  I think there are other smaller ones that may be privately owned as well.

1 minute ago, JohnfromUK said:

Not fully correct I believe.  The main castles, palaces, Royal estates are indeed owned by 'the nation', however;

H.M. The Queen owns Sandringham and Balmoral personally (they were bought by Prince Albert/Queen Victoria).  Prince Charles owns Highrove and Princess Anne Gatcombe Park.  I think there are other smaller ones that may be privately owned as well.

plus re estate in new york and california...........and a shed load of other stuff we dont know about

3 minutes ago, old'un said:

The monarchy's value as a business is said to be worth £25.5 billion to the UK, the Royal family bring in £1.8 billion to the British economy each year, the Queen and prince Phillip alone generate £550 million each year for the UK all of which goes to the treasury, perhaps they could take a bit out of that? the monarchy own nothing, it all belongs to the country, they are just guardians.

SAID TO BE? obviously the firms pr chap is on the ball like to see this so called income in one pile 

3 hours ago, butchdickason said:

The colour of the baby before he was born was something that everyone, no matter what colour or who they were thought about, it is not racist, but quite a normal question in that the mother is of black heritage and Harry white.  Megan is not in my opinion the inocent or injured party that she makes out to be, more a manipulative opportunist who saw Harry as a means to get on the world stage. 

MM is only 25% BAME so I don’t know how or why she described herself as black. It’s similar to an attention seeking racing driver. 

The child (just over 10% BAME)?  I’d wonder about skin tone, eye colour and hair colour / type if I’m honest. 

If you wanted privacy and to be left alone, why the hell go on the tv in front of OW?

Think she is trying to be like ginger's mother.....manipulative and camera staring with soulful eyes...not quite got it though.

She may be better off staying away from any tunnels, for the forseeable.

7 minutes ago, markm said:

MM is only 25% BAME so I don’t know how or why she described herself as black. It’s similar to an attention seeking racing driver. 

The child (just over 10% BAME)?  I’d wonder about skin tone, eye colour and hair colour / type if I’m honest. 

Exactly my thoughts .
In fact I doubt you could realistically say 25 % , not that it matters, but the child would (with Harrys ginger white  tone) have barely been noticeable 'of colour'
Which really lends the lie to MM s claim.

3 hours ago, butchdickason said:

in that the mother is of black heritage

I come across this quite often, she is also of white heritage, by a far larger margin,  but strangely this never gets mentioned for some reason, is it the overpowering 'shame' of 'white privilege' ?
I had a good friend (weve not spoken recently, due to his vehement embrace of quite radical BLM politics/policies) who describes himself as black, of African heritage no less, because his dad is of mixed race.
Hes actually no darker than me , and Im about as white as a ghost !

What is it about people these days who seem to want to nail their 'colours' to the mast ?

i see all makels black mates are coming out supporting her.................lets wait and see when all harrys white mates come out and support him

harry wales is a pathetic...spineless waste of space.............he has got what he deserves..........this has always been about markle right from the start...........

And yet, when she finally kicks him out, we'll welcome him and his 2 sprogs back to the UK.  Cos we're nice like that.  I only hope she moves on to phase 3 'divorced victim of British establishment' whilst Liz is still around so Harry can go apologise to her in person, rather than through a medium.

quote unquote (up date from Queen Opra)

"the couple wish it to be known that the question of the colour of the skin of Archie ...did not come from Prince Philip or the Queen...................the couple now wish that their privacy be respected ...."

HHHHHHHHHHHHahhahhhahahahahahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhahahaha

hhahhaaahhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh:lol:

1 minute ago, ditchman said:

the couple now wish that their privacy be respected ...."

That's a bit like flying round the world in private jets - and telling everyone how concerned about global warming and environmentally concious you are ............... oh - wait a minute .........

Maybe someone was concerned about the baby's colour in case it was ginger.

They turned their backs on the UK and are now trying to turn everyone else against us.

Don't think I'll be able to watch the interview tonight, for fear of throwing something at the telly.

our very own Miss diane abbott is being touched up for inside info on the palace by sky now.............

i must say at this juncture how damned smart she is........bless my soul ...she has really pushed the boat out and bought a new wig...new glasses .....deep red lipstick......i seem to remember she used to look a lot darker than she does now.....

maybe she has a forthcoming interveiw lined up with dear old Opra (queen of california).....i wunder what beans she will be spilling.......i bet jeremy is on a real knicker gripper at the mo

markle will never be able to hold a candle near her....our diane is top draw stuff in every sense