Park rangers ? Snowdon its not

islandgun

Must admit I do fear for the future of animals like this, we are losing forests and wildlife at an alarming rate and as said the people trying to protect them face some real dangers from organised gangs exploiting wild life such as this.

For anyone who is interested, there is a charity collecting old military clothing, equipment and most importantly boots. These are in turn given to the rangers who in many cases operate bare footed or in anything they can get. Almost any rugged outdoor boots are welcome.

Charity is based in Birmingham I believe. 

3 hours ago, Centrepin said:

For anyone who is interested, there is a charity collecting old military clothing, equipment and most importantly boots. These are in turn given to the rangers who in many cases operate bare footed or in anything they can get. Almost any rugged outdoor boots are welcome.

Charity is based in Birmingham I believe. 

Is it this one ?..https://virunga.org/support-us/donate/

There’s another thread on here about football clubs who changed their badges for a day to try and help highlight the loss of animals like these, and it’s mostly full of negative comments.... I don’t get it.

Also, whilst I hate the thought of any of these animals going extinct, who are we (Britain) to get on our high horse and tell others what to do when we’ve already deforested most of our country and continue to do so. And have already made extinct many species on our own shores, and continue to do so.

I struggle with the hypocrisy of it all really.

36 minutes ago, southeastpete said:

There’s another thread on here about football clubs who changed their badges for a day to try and help highlight the loss of animals like these, and it’s mostly full of negative comments.... I don’t get it.

Because that is virtue signaling - possibly at a cost of materials etc.. but also at a cost to fans as they roll out a "limited edition" kit with the modified badge and filling the clubs coffers. This is about the rangers who do it for none of that - and meanwhile it may be just a job to (some of) them it comes with a very real risk to their life!