Ragley Hall Gamefair

steve_b_wales

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mean...I've put it in the calendar, but won't commit the printer toner till the day before if we have to print off tickets...

Furlough scheme extended till September?  I'm not getting my hopes up, personally.

And, I certainly won't be going if we have to wear muzzles.

Shame though, Ragley Hall is the better of the 2 venues, by a long chalk.

15 hours ago, udderlyoffroad said:

I mean...I've put it in the calendar, but won't commit the printer toner till the day before if we have to print off tickets...

Furlough scheme extended till September?  I'm not getting my hopes up, personally.

And, I certainly won't be going if we have to wear muzzles.

Shame though, Ragley Hall is the better of the 2 venues, by a long chalk.

I went there two years ago and agree, it was brilliant. 

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure yet, it is quite near me, but not sure as I may have guests (attending the game fair) if allowed by then.  BASC 'free' ticket registration link in the recent newsletter.  Apparently "Pre-registration is required for all BASC member tickets this year"

49 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

Not sure yet, it is quite near me, but not sure as I may have guests (attending the game fair) if allowed by then.  BASC 'free' ticket registration link in the recent newsletter.  Apparently "Pre-registration is required for all BASC member tickets this year"

Yes, I printed my ticket off last week. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
14 hours ago, London Best said:

Sunday: Ice cream lickers and Tyre kickers.

Bang on.  The something for nothing brigade.

In unrelated news, I'm going on Sunday.

Always assuming Boris' presser at 17:00 tonight doesn't mandate us to continue wearing muzzles of course, or impose any other restrictions.

I'm going on the Saturday, but rather tellingly, accommodation nearby is not at a premium - Loads of nearby hotels and B and B's available at reasonable prices.

Me and the Mrs tend to go and make a weekend of it now the kids are older - The days of game fair bargains are long dead i believe

4 minutes ago, Fatcatsplat said:

Loads of nearby hotels and B and B's available at reasonable prices.

Interesting.  I live not too far away, and the fair has kept a very low profile this year.  I have seen no advertising locally.  Locals in the area are a bit 'wary' as we were badly hit in spring 2020 by Covid after the big Cheltenham Gold Cup meet two days before lockdown began - which led (briefly) to Cheltenham/Gloucester having one of the highest hospital admissions anywhere and the only death very local to me actually definitely from Covid.  I won't be going this year - mainly because I have all I want shooting wise, fishing seems to have dropped out of the game fair to a great extent and have (most important and after a after a long wait) got a plumber in that week to fix a very inaccessible leaky pipe from back in April!

I think you are right that in these 'shop from home' days, game fair bargains are largely a thing of the past.