Ragley Hall Gamefair

steve_b_wales

We went on Friday it was ok but a lot missing I'm not sure if we will go again, the food was stupidly expensive £9 for a roast pork cob, cider at £6 a pint. We got there at 9am and left around 2.30 with nothing left to see.

On 26/07/2021 at 14:57, Emma75 said:

I really enjoyed yesterday, well organised and no problems getting in or out. 

Had my first go at Clay pigeon shooting. So I’ve decided to get some lessons at Wedgnock 
cant wait! 

Hi Emma

Welcome to the forum if you post in welcome to pigeon watch there will be more people see you and please interact a little more.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, B725 said:

We went on Friday it was ok but a lot missing I'm not sure if we will go again, the food was stupidly expensive £9 for a roast pork cob, cider at £6 a pint. We got there at 9am and left around 2.30 with nothing left to see.

Food (and drink I think though I have usually been driving) always was expensive and seems to have got more so with time.  I understand it is at Ragley again next year.  https://thegamefair.org/attractions/

On 27/07/2021 at 09:15, TIGHTCHOKE said:

All the time people go along hoping it might be better gives them another year to offer the same carp at an ever increasing expense.

They will eventually die out when they run out of punters.

Yes. Last fair I went was Weston Park maybe eight years ago. I didn't pay, glad I didn't and was in and gone in TWO hours. More and more the stuff is jacuzzis, hot poker carved house signs, investment opportunities and cheap thin cotton shirts and trousers. You can count on two hands (and no thumbs) the stalls it was actually worthwhile visiting.

Totally agree with Wymberly basc members enclosure was the meeting place for old and new friends to catch up, it also had it's own bar. Not as posh as the old bfss but had some good times there usually meeting up with my old mate Terry Harbour with his dogs sadly long gone. Went this year basc stand was quite sparse and a bit boring. Dave