Vegans get another victory...

southeastpete

I have nothing against them per  say, if they make that decision and just get on with it by themselves. 

My wife went vegetarian before we got a smallholding, to see if she could do it in case she couldn’t bring herself to eat animals we’d raised. Then she went vegan, then back to vegetarian. Now we have a smallholding, she will eat meat we’ve raised, but not bought meat, as she knows our welfare standards are way higher than most places.

But it’s the ones who feel everyone has to do what they do.

There’s one who puts videos on Facebook, he went on the high street with a big tv and was showing slaughterhouse videos. Imagine walking up there with your 4 year old and they see animals getting their throats cut. Unbelievable. 

1 hour ago, southeastpete said:

I have nothing against them per  say, if they make that decision and just get on with it by themselves. 

My wife went vegetarian before we got a smallholding, to see if she could do it in case she couldn’t bring herself to eat animals we’d raised. Then she went vegan, then back to vegetarian. Now we have a smallholding, she will eat meat we’ve raised, but not bought meat, as she knows our welfare standards are way higher than most places.

But it’s the ones who feel everyone has to do what they do.

There’s one who puts videos on Facebook, he went on the high street with a big tv and was showing slaughterhouse videos. Imagine walking up there with your 4 year old and they see animals getting their throats cut. Unbelievable. 

Joey Carbstrong. Hes a full blown nut case. My 2yr old daughter knows and fully understands we rear animals for meat and I shoot animals for meat. She regularly asks for deer meat for tea. Shes seen dead deer, lambs etc hung up in the shed whilst I skin them but she wouldn't see them shot because she doesn't need to see that. Trouble is he believe so vehemently that he's right there's no arguing with him. Watch the video on YouTube of him talking to a girl in a small abattoir and she's doing her best to explain what they do and how it all works and all he does is question her using progressively more emotive language. If you want to see an interesting video on slaughterhouses the Temple Grandin stuff is interesting, she's a high functioning autistic woman who admits that she only understands black and white, there's no shades of grey. 

People have a perfect right to eat what they want to eat. The problem is that veganism is not as simple as that, its a quasi political movement that targets kids specifically and then lures them into a world of Animal rights, extinction rebellion, friends of the earth etc. All noble causes on the face of it but all have hard left wing people and organisations behind them pulling the strings.

Its a recruitment portal 

15 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

People have a perfect right to eat what they want to eat. The problem is that veganism is not as simple as that, its a quasi political movement that targets kids specifically and then lures them into a world of Animal rights, extinction rebellion, friends of the earth etc. All noble causes on the face of it but all have hard left wing people and organisations behind them pulling the strings.

Its a recruitment portal 

Including links to middle east terriorists, Uk recruitment and fund raising for them to. Found this out after doing bit of detective work on anti sites that sabbed a local Farm/family/friends shoot in December. Flags and symbols of support on display on their SM. Their actions that day opened several country folks eyes who hadn't experienced them before that these blinkered people really don't care about the wildlife, conservation or the countryside they hide behind. Just see politica,l class targets.  . . . That Joey Carbstrong was on breakfast tv arguing with Racheal Carrie a while back. She done well to keep her cool. He just lahh! Lahh! not listening i am right you're wrong ranting.     NB        

9 hours ago, Vince Green said:

Its a recruitment portal 

I agree 

As I said in my earlier post the mostly female primary teachers are pushing this vegan propaganda all the time

6 hours ago, fern01 said:

I agree 

As I said in my earlier post the mostly female primary teachers are pushing this vegan propaganda all the time

Well, they were definitely wasting their time with my granddaughter.  When asked what they had done at the week end, she told one of them that she had helped granddad to skin a deer. That went well then.

1 hour ago, London Best said:

Well, they were definitely wasting their time with my granddaughter.  When asked what they had done at the week end, she told one of them that she had helped granddad to skin a deer. That went well then.

Brilliant that would have been something to witness in class :) 

I think sometimes with some of the rabid vegans its (though they wont admit it) its the desire to be different from the crowd and have some cause in life to give them direction for some it really is a religion abet just a modern one.  

My Mrs is Veggie but doesnt mind me bringing stuff home to eat and I know a few other shooters who are the same. I just get wound up when its put across that going vegan is saving the planet. As they drink their almond milk that likely been flown across from the USA or South America where you can get a pint of milk that come from down the road in most cases. 

1 minute ago, London Best said:

Setter, at least your wife doesn’t mind you bringing stuff home. My wife has a friend and her husband loves a rabbit, but she won’t cook one for him or allow him to cook one himself. Get this.....he is a retired butcher!

I did put the wind up one of the Daughter's early boyfriends one by rocking through the house with about 15 pigeons in a string bag and a pump action 12 bore that went down badly as he didnt come back after that :) .

To be fair my Mrs is cool she doesnt mind me shooting and my eldest daughter goes clay and game shooting with me when she is back from Uni. She was also a diamond when I went for my FAC as the FEO asked if she knew where the key the cabinet were and dead pan straight off she came back with "I have no interest in shooting whatsoever so I have no idea" text book answer without any prompting from me!   

7 hours ago, Zetter said:

I did put the wind up one of the Daughter's early boyfriends one by rocking through the house with about 15 pigeons in a string bag and a pump action 12 bore that went down badly as he didnt come back after that  .

To be fair my Mrs is cool she doesnt mind me shooting and my eldest daughter goes clay and game shooting with me when she is back from Uni. She was also a diamond when I went for my FAC as the FEO asked if she knew where the key the cabinet were and dead pan straight off she came back with "I have no interest in shooting whatsoever so I have no idea" text book answer without any prompting from me!   

Thats a little bit hypocritical and is basicly what you've accused the rabid vegans of doing by purposely winding the guy up. 

8 hours ago, Zetter said:

Brilliant that would have been something to witness in class  

I think sometimes with some of the rabid vegans its (though they wont admit it) its the desire to be different from the crowd and have some cause in life to give them direction for some it really is a religion abet just a modern one.  

My Mrs is Veggie but doesnt mind me bringing stuff home to eat and I know a few other shooters who are the same. I just get wound up when its put across that going vegan is saving the planet. As they drink their almond milk that likely been flown across from the USA or South America where you can get a pint of milk that come from down the road in most cases. 

2 hours ago, 12gauge82 said:

Thats a little bit hypocritical and is basicly what you've accused the rabid vegans of doing by purposely winding the guy up. 

He didn’t say he wound him up, but out the wind up him.

im guessing he mightn’t even have known he was there but got home and walked in like he always would.

1 minute ago, southeastpete said:

He didn’t say he wound him up, but out the wind up him.

im guessing he mightn’t even have known he was there but got home and walked in like he always would.

That's very convenient. He said he "did put the wind up" so I don't really see what else that means, even if it didn't he took great pleasure in it winding the guy up. 

I don't mean to pick on that post in particular, it's not that bad, but I'm using it just to point out we're not that different sometimes, we all think we're right and it'd be far better to respect each others positions, which is obviously very true of many vegans and some shooters to. 

5 hours ago, southeastpete said:

I love the research into plants. They have been shown to have all sorts of senses and I’d love them to prove more about what plants can feel. I wonder what vegans would eat then...

Why not just worry about your own life and like me enjoy your shooting, like I said earlier, if people want to be vegan that's up to them, as long as they respect my right to eat meat and shoot I'm fine with it.