New Census.

Good shot?

Just completed my new census form on line and was asked for any comments regarding the form.

I had to mention, that being asked as to what gender I identified with if it was not the gender I was born with, was ludicrous.

Several questions regarding gender, ethnicity, work etc begs the question what are they going to publish with respect to the final census results.

Doubt that much could be used without them offending some part of the populace.

Edited by Good shot?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Good shot? said:

Just completed my new census form on line and was asked for any comments regarding the form.

I had to mention, that being asked as to what gender I identified with if it was not the gender I was born with, was ludicrous.

Several questions regarding gender, ethnicity, work etc begs the question what are they going to publish with respect to the final census results.

Doubt that much could be used without them offending some part of the populace.

What did you say in your answers then?

1 hour ago, Scully said:

I had a little smirk when I read I would soon receive my ‘invitation’ to take part! Invite? It’s compulsory and an offence not to comply! 🙂

Load of rubbish isnt it. So anyone know why it is compulsory? What if i don't want them to know i was born a boy and am now still one just older... 

Edited by ShootingEgg
Fat thumb

At least they will have a true figure of the actual population in the UK, no guessing then on how many people the think are on the Island. 

Of course they will because its against the law not to fill it in. :lol:

Just shows how out of touch with reality these so called educated people are. 

12 hours ago, fern01 said:

The temptation to claim I am a black one legged lesbian with two newborn babies who lives in a shoe box under the stairs was overwhelming

Only 2 babies - you will not be able to afford a really good car and a Caribbean holiday every year then 

Anything in there about Klingons or illegals or even if one is in the middle of a sex change?.......what a load of b$$$o$$s.

Of course some of the answers may depend on which day you answer. Eg: I could be Rob in the week and Roberta at the weekends.

Edited by Robden

52 minutes ago, Robden said:

Anything in there about Klingons or illegals or even if one is in the middle of a sex change?.......what a load of b$$$o$$s.

Of course some of the answers may depend on which day you answer. Eg: I could be Rob in the week and Roberta at the weekends.

Quite so - I have a Wigan address

In centuries gone by, the purpose of the census was to count heads and apply taxes.  However the government no longer needs the census to know how many people there are in the UK because they already know that!  The registration of births & deaths, plus immigration/emigration records will always keep a tally, and anyone who has arrived here under the radar isn't exactly going to put their hand up and admit to existing on a census.  It's the other stuff they want to know.

I think my religion will remain unchanged for the 3rd time in a row, as Jedi 😁

49 minutes ago, countryman said:

Just filled my one in, what’s to stop certain people not saying who is living in there home especially if there not meant to be here. 

Their boyfriend perhaps? 

What would you prefer someone to come round and ask questions, it's just a general look at the population so longer term planning can be put in place by government and councils

11 hours ago, WalkedUp said:

We completed it this evening with no real excitement or complaint. The most heated debate came over whether we were British or English. 

Aren’t all in the UK British? Some are British/Welsh, some British/English etc etc. 
I think I’m going to enter my religion as Country Sports; we must be an eligible minority by now surely. 

4 hours ago, Centrepin said:

Apparently if your religion is Church of Country Sports then you'll have legal protection to go shooting without persecution on religious grounds😇

I don't really do FB, but apparently there is a group called The Free Church of Country Sports and that will be going in my Census.

Edited by otherwayup