New Census.

Good shot?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Scully said:

Aren’t all in the UK British? Some are British/Welsh, some British/English etc etc. 
I think I’m going to enter my religion as Country Sports; we must be an eligible minority by now surely. 

There was an option to choose British, or English, or Welsh etc  

4 hours ago, WalkedUp said:

There was an option to choose British, or English, or Welsh etc  

Ive always entered my nationality as British/ English when given the option, otherwise it’s English. 
I used to work with a bloke who entered his as Bangladeshi/English. 🤷‍♂️

On 05/03/2021 at 16:19, Robden said:

Anything in there about Klingons or illegals or even if one is in the middle of a sex change?.......what a load of b$$$o$$s.

Of course some of the answers may depend on which day you answer. Eg: I could be Rob in the week and Roberta at the weekends.

I used to be ROBIN during the week and occasionally at weekends...................................until I got caught   !     :whistling:     

39 minutes ago, captainhastings said:

I can see this "Free Church of Country Sports" picking up momentum. I joined them on fb after seeing it on the field sports channel. Any thing that helps the cause is a good thing. This census lark do you have to wait for a postal thing or can you just go online ?

Wish I knew about it before filling out mine.

You can do the census online, but you need a code to do it, which will come in the post.

1 hour ago, Newbie to this said:

You can do the census online, but you need a code to do it, which will come in the post.

go to gov.uk website, search census and you will find an option to request the code by text message.  Be patient as it took over an hour for my code to be sent.

Also, if you filled it in online, I believe you can go back in and revise the inputs

Edited by otherwayup

Had two drop through the door today, one in English and one in Welsh, along with an instruction book covering both languages - by the postman.

I bet that has cost a chunk of the English Subsidy Wales get 🤬

On 06/03/2021 at 22:35, captainhastings said:

Free Church of Country Sports

Would that not come under Christian though (all denominations)???

11 minutes ago, discobob said:

Had two drop through the door today, one in English and one in Welsh, along with an instruction book covering both languages - by the postman.

I bet that has cost a chunk of the English Subsidy Wales get 🤬

Would that not come under Christian though (all denominations)???

Are you doing both?

1 minute ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Are you doing both?

Two Hopes, and I shoot with both of them (those that know know 😆)

Used to it now though - I think that a lot of the 33% of Welsh speakers (and they include pupils who do it at school) are working on doing the translations - everything we receive official are doubled up 😞

11 hours ago, WalkedUp said:

I speak to a Welsh police force quite regularly with dual language automated option lists .... glad I’m never in a rush. 

And councils and anything else that deals with any sort of officialdom - even YouTube we get targeted adverts from the Welsh Assembly - in Welsh!

Going a bit off course here - but all it is doing is adding cost onto the people of Wales where (it may be wrong) we have the largest growths year in Council Tax due in part to all of these "targets". The joy of being a one party state (province) for over 20 years.

4 hours ago, Scully said:

Have just received ours this morning, and was considering entering my religion as Free Church of Country Sports, but after having had a gander on FB last night, I’m not too sure I want to be associated with some of the muppets on there. 🤷‍♂️

I thought that !

On 06/03/2021 at 20:27, WalkedUp said:

And thus the United Kingdom was lost 😔

Strange thing to say really. 
It was far more likely to be lost if we didnt give devolved  powers, or stayed in the 'one state' EU.
National identity is what it is , nothing to be ashamed of, in fact we as a NATION, the UK , encouraged national assemblies and pumped cash into confirming regional and cultural identity.
A good example is keeping the Welsh language alive and kicking in schools ect.

Being English , and confirming the fact, does not encourage division, any more than being Scottish, Welsh, Irish, or any other regional identity , Scouse , Cornish or Geordie does ?
But it seems its OK to be one, but not the other ?

Other countries have regions, France , Germany, the Netherlands and Belgium for example, have various distinct regional identities, based on age old kingdoms and alliances.
I wonder if some of those are encouraged to be ashamed of who they are too ?