NEW BSA ULTRA Review published 5 March

gdadphil

18 minutes ago, strimmer_13 said:

That's my biggest gripe. Why the **** have they not done it. 

Glad I bought the se 

Hello, I sorted the pump, it looks very good and pumps well, with extra service parts, will try on my SMK PR 900 later, will most likely get a filter, 

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

17 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, I sorted the pump, it looks very good and pumps well, with extra service parts, will try on my SMK PR 900 later, will most likely get a filter, 

The pump works well, no sure I do though 😁 last time I used a pump was 15 plus years ago, pump cost half the price of PCP rifle, will get another one for a friend's birthday, if any left 🙄

16 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

The pump works well, no sure I do though 😁 last time I used a pump was 15 plus years ago, pump cost half the price of PCP rifle, will get another one for a friend's birthday, if any left 🙄

16149707075386224752086828764841.jpg

Mines here, but just smashing in dinner and ill have a look 

So ive just watched the vid above .and have to say . WELL DONE BSA .

They have stuck to what they do best .instead of following the crowd (fx , hatsan etc)  they have taken their best selling pcp  of all time and improved it - sounds impossible but looks like they have done it .

They have kept with the formula and added nothing it doesn't need . Ie a reg , long air tube or side lever . The increase in shot count is excellent in a gun the same size as before and the mag system looks  great also .

Cant wait to get one of these baby's. 

I'm very pleased with this new ultra  clx .

I think it's a very much improved and more of a finished article, and for the prices quoted, especially the walnut stocked package, quite a bargain 👍 Must say I prefer the walnut over the beach 🤔 Having used a Tench regged Ultra MMC for 12 years, I can attest to the constant consistent accuracy of these guns 😊

On 05/03/2021 at 15:57, 243deer said:

Have never understood why mags are loaded on the opposite side to the bolt, this is just as cack handed.

Yes. I had an old friend, worked at Enfield, who said the same to Mr Turpin about his Sten Gun in 1941. The reply simply that it was all a Mr Bergmann's fault and since he was dead then ten years before there was no point in taking the complaint further...

I'm right handed .so operate the bolt with my right hand .I hold the pistol grip with my right hand and load the mag into the gun with my left from the left side of the gun .

With the gun still up right .its the most natural way to put the mag in the gun .

A mag that locates the breech from the right side is a pain in the butt ,that has me swapping hands and flipping the gun over etc . .

I have 2 such guns an fx and a brocock the bsa left side is way better..

33 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, RFD said a 4 week wait for the CLX 22 in beech, 

It won't be long now 😉

I'm the opposite. I find the mag on the right more natural as 

1. the leading hand is just past the balance point and easily takes the weight whilst either pulling it back to you in the shoulder or midsection allowing the natural right hand (if your right handed) free to change it. 

2. in the left hand if the rifle is  lowered (out the shoulder) it's more natural to tilt your hand holding the rifle so it's sits back up on your left  forearm/wrist (more accurately the scope will rest on your arm) 

3. years of using guns without mags where some loading ports were only available from the right hand side. 

4. Unloading, bolt back, mag out not swapping hands to do either 

I will say that the ultra I have the mag on the left, the only benefit and it's a big one, is seeing the shot count in the mag without having to lean the rifle over. 

22 hours ago, Ultrastu said:

When I've tried a sak on a bsa ultra years ago it was rubbish compared to silencers actually designed  for airguns .

That's an interesting comment,i have an SAK on my R10 (& my rimfire) & to me it works well BUT i'm aware that you have far more experience & knowledge on PCP's than i could ever hope to have so i'm now thinking that after i get the R10 tuned & FAC'd it might be wise to try another moderator,i'll see how it goes when that happens 🤔