Wellies

m greeny

I've just bought a pair from Decathlon, all the decent wellies are so expensive during the colder months that I decided to buy a stop gap pair till the summer when prices are,hopefully, a little more keen.Bought the solognac G500 lightweight, £35 inc.postage and they are really comfortable with a wide wide calf.

12 minutes ago, archi said:

I have a pair of gumleaf royal zipped and they give a calf size measurement they fit who I think is 19”

if not any good then it might have to be LeChameu as they do a wider calf fitting still 

I did have a pair of gumleaf vikings but they didn't stand the test of time. I've just measured my calfs and there 50 cm so would need a touch wider

12 hours ago, m greeny said:

Im after info on decent strong sturdy wellies for someone with massive calfs I would prefer zipped but not essential. Thanks in advance

Have you searched through PW, this subject comes up regularly.

One of the manufacturers offers a custom build service.

3 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Have you searched through PW, this subject comes up regularly.

One of the manufacturers offers a custom build service.

Yes I did 

2 hours ago, Centrepin said:

Dirtboot, neoprene tops stretchy.  But my calves are only 19"

That's what I've just killed a blackthorn went straight through the sole

3 hours ago, mgsontour said:

Muckboot Muckmaster is the ones for you

Not to keen on the soles of those 

17 hours ago, bruno22rf said:

I've just bought a pair from Decathlon, all the decent wellies are so expensive during the colder months that I decided to buy a stop gap pair till the summer when prices are,hopefully, a little more keen.Bought the solognac G500 lightweight, £35 inc.postage and they are really comfortable with a wide wide calf.

+1 only I bought the Zip sided

You should take a look at Snowbee rockhopper neoprene wellies, for going about the foreshore they are brilliant they have spikes embedded in the soles i have worn them for the past year and they are absolutely  brilliant, the only bad thing about them is if you are walking along a gravel path or a road you sound like a troop of soldiers marching along.

I have used them walking on mud, bladderwrack covered rocks, grass, snow, ice and no slips or falls this year, you feel as if you could walk up the side of a cliff in them.

26 minutes ago, aberisle said:

You should take a look at Snowbee rockhopper neoprene wellies, for going about the foreshore they are brilliant they have spikes embedded in the soles i have worn them for the past year and they are absolutely  brilliant, the only bad thing about them is if you are walking along a gravel path or a road you sound like a troop of soldiers marching along.

I have used them walking on mud, bladderwrack covered rocks, grass, snow, ice and no slips or falls this year, you feel as if you could walk up the side of a cliff in them.

Bit of overkill for what I want them for as I live in my bassboots waders on the shore. The wellies will be used just for dog walking and a bit of roost shooting thats about it

4 hours ago, m greeny said:

What are the soles like I've looked at them but looking at the pics they don't look very grippy or strong

They are grippy enough for me dog walking/shooting over fields.  The whole boot is more flexible and softer to wear than most cheap boots, that includes the sole.  Had mine for 2 Derbyshire winters with no problems so far.

3 hours ago, Yellow Bear said:

They are grippy enough for me dog walking/shooting over fields.  The whole boot is more flexible and softer to wear than most cheap boots, that includes the sole.  Had mine for 2 Derbyshire winters with no problems so far.

Sadly the girth of the calf is only 42cm way to small for me