Map and log your pigeon shooting activities

BASC's Green Shoots mapping and bag recording website provides both an excellent online mapping, wildlife recording and shooting diary and a simple way to enable members to assist us to protect and promote shooting and conservation. A number of new features have been added and of specific use to pigeon shooters is the inclusion of National Grid references to allow exact recording of events.

For more information see:

https://basc.org.uk/conservation/green-shoots-mapping/

For a presentation on the software and latest features see:

https://www.facebook.com/watch/live/?v=1041935706329986

Bearing in mind that the bsac faction blindsided and pre-empted a  large part of the shooting world ( industry - gunmakers and retailers, and shooters ) on phasing out lead shot, may I ask what your organisation intends to do with any such data collected from information provided by the participants?

This could be seen by firearms departments as putting your own security at risk, all someone has to do is follow you to where you shoot, knock you over the head and steal your guns. Then it will be seen as YOUR FAULT for telling people where you will be with a gun.

In much the same vein as my firearms department telling me not to put up any pictures of myself on social media with a gun in a way that could be demonstrated as able to lead someone to my house to steal my guns. I would be deemed as putting my security at risk and therefore my fault leading to revocation of my licence 

Edited by Rob85
Spelling

12 hours ago, Conor O'Gorman said:

BASC's Green Shoots mapping and bag recording website provides both an excellent online mapping, wildlife recording and shooting diary and a simple way to enable members to assist us to protect and promote shooting and conservation. A number of new features have been added and of specific use to pigeon shooters is the inclusion of National Grid references to allow exact recording of events.

For more information see:

https://basc.org.uk/conservation/green-shoots-mapping/

For a presentation on the software and latest features see:

https://www.facebook.com/watch/live/?v=1041935706329986

Conor,

You may have to ‘sell the benefits’ a little more. I can’t currently perceive any advantage in participating - only potential negatives. Sorry. 

It's sort of a good idea, but not sure it's of any real practical use - You now your boundaries and you know your sweet spots where and when you shoot.

Would have thought recording it like this doesn't really tell BASC very much either, but it would give locations, quarry and frequency of visits to any anti who managed to breach the database. Based on what i have seen of anti behaviour, i would think they would have a horde of nerds queueing up to be the one to bust through.

Ah! Now I understand. First of all make sure that the vermin control can carry on under the terms of GLs and then make sure that those who really don't need to know are fully aware of where we're doing it.

It seems to me that our current major topic of consequence is NTS. It is possible that the odd other material might put in an appearance in addition to those that we already know of but not yet fully au fait with. For my money (which fortunately it no longer is), this scheme should be aborted and the money saved partially used to correct the BASC pattern test procedure thus enabling those who are interested to do the job right.