Cylinder and 1/2 choke

35 minutes ago, old'un said:

Just the name and price…..if I gave you a box of 28g 7s costing £180 per thousand and a box of 28g 7s costing £300 per thousand I doubt you tell much difference in there killing ability.

Its all bull poo.

Do they both come with that Gordon recoil system? I've not seen a super game high bird cartridge before.

1 hour ago, Lloyd90 said:

What is the difference please between the Blue Diamond 28g 7.5 (U.K. size 7), and the GB super game high bird 28g 7 please? 

The super game ones are a few quid more. I see they are a 65mm case and pitched as a SxS cartridge but I was looking at both last night and wondering if there’s much difference? 🤷‍♂️

With the amount of shooting that I now do a few quid doesn't come into the equation. Performance-wise there's no great difference, but to be pedantic, the Hi Birds (possibly because they're slower) pattern better (quality) and with a little less choke for the equivalent density than the BDs. What I can be absolutely sure of though is that my rheumatic shoulder knows full well the difference between the two. I'm hoping for some nice warm days when I can use up my remaining stock of the BDs before things deteriorate too far. I've had to dispose of the gun in which I used them and which suited them better as it became too painful to lift let alone shoot at times.

5 hours ago, wymberley said:

With the amount of shooting that I now do a few quid doesn't come into the equation. Performance-wise there's no great difference, but to be pedantic, the Hi Birds (possibly because they're slower) pattern better (quality) and with a little less choke for the equivalent density than the BDs. What I can be absolutely sure of though is that my rheumatic shoulder knows full well the difference between the two. I'm hoping for some nice warm days when I can use up my remaining stock of the BDs before things deteriorate too far. I've had to dispose of the gun in which I used them and which suited them better as it became too painful to lift let alone shoot at times.

That’s the thing, if they used a slower burning powder or something that make them nicer to shoot them fair enough. Just be nice to know 👍🏻