Piers Morgan quit

lampro

10 hours ago, 12gauge82 said:

I'm no fan of the guy personally. My only worry is as much as I dislike him, he is one of the few counter balances to an overly left leaning woke mainstream media and he wasn't afraid to air alternative views regardless of if I agreed with them or not. I feel its a bad day for free speech in this country. 

Got to agree he would ask questions that nobody else would ask 

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

46 minutes ago, mel b3 said:

but it would be just about impossible to sack him because of his colour. 

I agree 100%, but it is really wrong that this is the case.

I didn't see the incident, but from what I have read both on this thread and elsewhere, both were guilty of poor behaviour.  I also agree (strongly) with the poster who suggested that weather men should stick to weather.

37 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

I didn't see the incident, but from what I have read both on this thread and elsewhere, both were guilty of poor behaviour.  I also agree (strongly) with the poster who suggested that weather men should stick to weather.

😳

Perhaps watch it first then judge it second? 

I strongly dislike Piers Morgan in many ways, however he does hold people to account and believe he is (unfortunately) a great asset to British media. He should never have been sacked over this incident, even if he was incorrect. I personally believe he was correct but no one can prove that. I also strongly dislike Megan Markle.  

Nonetheless anyone who thinks the weatherman, Alex Beresford, behaved inappropriately is blinded by their own prejudices. 

6.36am - the lovely Reid asks AB his opinion, there is a little tension on speaking order but he gives his opinion (as requested) in a rational and cool manner. PM gets very emotional and runs off.

6.53am - PM accuses AB of being uncivil. AB clarifies that he knows PM on and offscreen and he knows PM is in no way racist etc but nonetheless AB feels that he cannot ignore his difference in opinion on this. 

12 hours ago, MrPhantom said:

I always found him entertaining. Yes, he was a self opinionated egotist who thought GMB was the Piers Morgan Show but he wasn’t dull. Who will replace him I wonder? 🤔

I think the Weather Man will - initially anyway - it might stick permanently -but ticks the boxes they want ticking

4 minutes ago, WalkedUp said:

I'm not particularly interested to watch it.  It happened - and as I never watch daytime TV, it doesn't affect me at all - BUT I stand by what I said, namely I have read a lot about it - and it seems to me (from many opinions) that BOTH were guilty of poor behaviour.

3 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

I'm not particularly interested to watch it.  It happened - and as I never watch daytime TV, it doesn't affect me at all - BUT I stand by what I said, namely I have read a lot about it - and it seems to me (from many opinions) that BOTH were guilty of poor behaviour.

I don’t have a television but to comment on this thread I reviewed the relevant footage on my phone. I also time stamped the footage I reviewed in case I had missed any relevant material. It took only a few minutes and I was shocked to see the departure of the reactions on here from what actually happened as I had been expecting it to be radically different. At least reviewing the evidence meant that my opinion was an informed opinion. 

11 minutes ago, WalkedUp said:

I don’t have a television but to comment on this thread I reviewed the relevant footage on my phone. I also time stamped the footage I reviewed in case I had missed any relevant material. It took only a few minutes and I was shocked to see the departure of the reactions on here from what actually happened as I had been expecting it to be radically different. At least reviewing the evidence meant that my opinion was an informed opinion. 

Oh come on, please don't let the "facts" cloud peoples judgement!:w00t:

1 minute ago, WalkedUp said:

At least reviewing the evidence meant that my opinion was an informed opinion.

As I say - I have read the 'press', and that has included clips ......... but I didn't take the clips as particularly 'evidential' because they are simply clips - chosen by the editor to make a point.  I don't much like Morgan (though take on board points made above).  It takes two (or more) to fall out.  Hence my feeling that both were 'guilty'.

On the broader point - it is also a worry that BAME people seem able to make 'race sensitive' comments that would not be acceptable from white people.  That was the original point with which I was agreeing in my first post on this thread.  The same rules/acceptability should apply regardless of race/ethnicity status

40 minutes ago, WalkedUp said:

😳

I strongly dislike Piers Morgan in many ways, however he does hold people to account and believe he is (unfortunately) a great asset to British media. He should never have been sacked over this incident, even if he was incorrect. I personally believe he was correct but no one can prove that. I also strongly dislike Megan Markle.  

Nonetheless anyone who thinks the weatherman, Alex Beresford, behaved inappropriately is blinded by their own prejudices. 

6.36am - the lovely Reid asks AB his opinion, there is a little tension on speaking order but he gives his opinion (as requested) in a rational and cool manner. PM gets very emotional and runs off.

6.53am - PM accuses AB of being uncivil. AB clarifies that he knows PM on and offscreen and he knows PM is in no way racist etc but nonetheless AB feels that he cannot ignore his difference in opinion on this. 

You may have missed the bit where it gets personal about Megan and Pierce Morgan's friendship...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddo3uo4ssDc

19 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

As I say - I have read the 'press', and that has included clips ......... but I didn't take the clips as particularly 'evidential' because they are simply clips - chosen by the editor to make a point.  I don't much like Morgan (though take on board points made above).  It takes two (or more) to fall out.  Hence my feeling that both were 'guilty'.

On the broader point - it is also a worry that BAME people seem able to make 'race sensitive' comments that would not be acceptable from white people.  That was the original point with which I was agreeing in my first post on this thread.  The same rules/acceptability should apply regardless of race/ethnicity status

There is a culture war going on, like him or loathe him Piers Morgan has fallen victim to it.

It seems that certain parts of the media are trying to change our culture by stifling views/opinions that do not fit in with theirs.

7 minutes ago, old'un said:

You may have missed the bit where it gets personal about Megan and Pierce Morgan's friendship...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddo3uo4ssDc

Thank you for the link, I had seen that but didn’t feel it was in any way inappropriate. To me it seemed relevant background to the discussion over whether PM’s comments the day before had gone too far. 

2 minutes ago, old'un said:

It seems that certain parts of the media are trying to change our culture by stifling views/opinions that do not fit in with theirs.

I agree and it is wrong.  There are a lot of the BLM warriors making statements (outside the present particular PM or H&M topics) who I strongly suspect would be in trouble if white people spouted similar statements.  The idea that you can get away with making controversial statements only because you are a minority (and it applies to feminist, LGBQ, Trans etc. as well as race to other minority interests) which would be unacceptable elsewhere doesn't sit comfortably with me.

Just now, JohnfromUK said:

There are a lot of the BLM warriors making statements (outside the present particular PM or H&M topics) who I strongly suspect would be in trouble if white people spouted similar statements.  The idea that you can get away with making controversial statements only because you are a minority (and it applies to feminist, LGBQ, Trans etc. as well as race to other minority interests) which would be unacceptable elsewhere doesn't sit comfortably with me.

Again, I agree with this 👍

I believe that we are now in WW1 - Woke War 1 - and the (silent) majority are on the losing side sorry to say - I have told my kids (and I got scolded from SWMBO for this) to seriously consider going to another country at the first opportunity that they can as I believe that we are soon to be lost as a nation!!

Just now, discobob said:

I believe that we are now in WW1 - Woke War 1 - and the (silent) majority are on the losing side sorry to say - I have told my kids (and I got scolded from SWMBO for this) to seriously consider going to another country at the first opportunity that they can as I believe that we are soon to be lost as a nation!!

We will be fine - Farage has stated he is to play an 'active anti woke' part.  🤣