Piers Morgan quit

lampro

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't know, public opinion and perception are very fickle.  People just need to totally ignore the 'woke' aspects and (for example) choose the best person for the role.  It is (to me anyway) good that we have a very diverse set of people at ministerial level who I do believe were chosen on experience/merit, not minority status.

One major Govt. institution was quoted as recently 'taking pre applications' for a post and only asked for applications from limited sections; how true it is is unknown.

https://www.theassassinationofbarackobama.com/europe/2021/03/05/gchq-spy-agency-asks-only-ethnic-minorities-women-register-interest-it-jobs/

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9325775/GCHQ-advertises-job-department-people-ethnic-minority-background-women.html

26 minutes ago, discobob said:

I believe that we are now in WW1 - Woke War 1 - and the (silent) majority are on the losing side sorry to say - I have told my kids (and I got scolded from SWMBO for this) to seriously consider going to another country at the first opportunity that they can as I believe that we are soon to be lost as a nation!!

I agree, like I said earlier we are facing a cultural war, minority groups are winning because we are unable to challenge them in open debate without someone playing the race or phobic card.

The British Academy has faced pressure from minority groups to diversify this year's nominees, as far as I know last year (2020) there were no nominees that came from ethnic minority groups, but this year 2021, 16 of the 24 acting nominees come from ethnic minority groups, have these nominees been chosen purely on merit or because of minority group pressure?

6 minutes ago, clangerman said:

state of the country is our own fault for not having the minerals to speak our minds this is a perfect example just because some clown keeps screaming discussing skin colour is racist people are to scared to question them we need to grow a pair 

as I said - the Silent Majority

1 hour ago, JohnfromUK said:

I agree and it is wrong.  There are a lot of the BLM warriors making statements (outside the present particular PM or H&M topics) who I strongly suspect would be in trouble if white people spouted similar statements.  The idea that you can get away with making controversial statements only because you are a minority (and it applies to feminist, LGBQ, Trans etc. as well as race to other minority interests) which would be unacceptable elsewhere doesn't sit comfortably with me.

You've picked up on a very important point here imo. 

If you have a protected characteristic, you literally have more protection under the law in many ways than those who don't. With the mainstream media now afraid to air alternative views, most politicians seemingly scared to tackle sensitive issues, universities banning people that don't fit in with their left leaning idioligy and your average man and women in the street who has effectively had their freedom of speech removed for fear of saying the wrong or offending someone I really worry where we are heading as a country. 

8 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

You've picked up on a very important point here imo. 

If you have a protected characteristic, you literally have more protection under the law in many ways than those who don't. With the mainstream media now afraid to air alternative views, most politicians seemingly scared to tackle sensitive issues, universities banning people that don't fit in with their left leaning idioligy and your average man and women in the street who has effectively had their freedom of speech removed for fear of saying the wrong or offending someone I really worry where we are heading as a country. 

Not just in law, I was watching breakfast new and there was a snowflake on complaining that the inoculation system was "colour-blind" (everyone was equal in an age group regardless ) and that the BAME community should get special treatment.

3 minutes ago, Yellow Bear said:

Not just in law, I was watching breakfast new and there was a snowflake on complaining that the inoculation system was "colour-blind" (everyone was equal in an age group regardless ) and that the BAME community should get special treatment.

Indeed - the person was saying that if you are using age as an indicator of risk (i.e. older get protection first) - then other risks (including ethnicity, deprivation, living in multi-generational family housing units, health etc.) should be used as well.

As in the links I posted above - a major civil service employer is effectively employing 'positive discrimination'.

4 minutes ago, Yellow Bear said:

I personally find this high offensive. There is no genetic reason why “BAME” people are more affected by Covid, it is entirely down to lifestyle choice and behaviours so the JVCI priority list simply by age is by far the fairest. It’s bad enough that people who choose to live on junk food and are morbidly obese are prioritised, no one should be prioritised based on race. 

3 minutes ago, Yellow Bear said:

Another good example. 

Coronavirus and ethnicity is being linked in a way that suggests racism, which in my opinion is ridiculous, do these people seriously believe that when a ethnic minority goes to hospital they get treated differently from white people, I read somewhere that one of the most affected groups have been the Jewish community, due amongst other reasons listed where the way there communities all gather in one place regularly and the fact many generations of the same family have close contact, yet we don't her this in mainstream media as it doesn't fit the agenda that a wealthier white section of society is also falling victim to the virus. 

23 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

If you have a protected characteristic, you literally have more protection under the law in many ways than those who don't.

I believe local planning rules now say that local authorities "have to" provide a certain number of travellers sites.  In order to meet this, they have a lower planning permission threshold applied ..........  This is or course ruthlessly exploited by the applicants.  We have cases at present in local planning.

Just now, JohnfromUK said:

I believe local planning rules now say that local authorities "have to" provide a certain number of travellers sites.  In order to meet this, they have a lower planning permission threshold applied ..........  This is or course ruthlessly exploited by the applicants.  We have cases at present in local planning.

Shocking, I wasn't aware of that. 

Is this what brave people have died for fighting wars for "freedom". 

1 minute ago, yod dropper said:

The triumph of feeling over fact and another victory for the Cultural Marxists. At least the BBC were the first that I saw to air the facts that Morgan presented. Even so, I can't wait for GB News to launch.

Haven't heard of GB news? 

just reported .........

Duchess of sussex has made a formal complaint to ITV on comments made by Peirce Morgan.........

:lol:

er we go..............good job she aint a member of Pigeonwatch.........we would all be dong time by now ...:w00t:

16 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

Another good example. 

Coronavirus and ethnicity is being linked in a way that suggests racism, which in my opinion is ridiculous, do these people seriously believe that when a ethnic minority goes to hospital they get treated differently from white people, I read somewhere that one of the most affected groups have been the Jewish community, due amongst other reasons listed where the way there communities all gather in one place regularly and the fact many generations of the same family have close contact, yet we don't her this in mainstream media as it doesn't fit the agenda that a wealthier white section of society is also falling victim to the virus. 

The Jewish community in london had the highest positively rate anywhere in the world. Not due to racism or their treatment by medics, but because they chose to ignore the rules and the science so catching Covid is as a result of their behaviour. 

30 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

Shocking, I wasn't aware of that.

It is a very complex area where the goalposts keep moving .......... which makes it very hard for the public to know exactly what the rules are;

https://www.local.gov.uk/plan-making-spaces-and-places-gypsies-and-travellers-how-planning-can-help

Locally, one site was granted a few years ago - and has been 'enlarged' twice (despite having been granted initially for a specific number of pitches).  Although not admitted by the council - there is very strong local feeling that no planning would have been granted for a similar 'holiday' caravan site.

34 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

if you don’t want to work for a living you open a site and claim you don’t own you rent so tax payers hand you a fat wad of cash every month with your other benefits you have it made