Bsa ultra mmc magazines ?

secret-squirrel

Hi lads .. so having lost my perm a good 4 years ago due to circumstances Way out my control ..Ā Ā I havnt shot my old bsa ultra mmc for a good 3 years . Anyway long story short I have an amazing opportunity to play splat theĀ ratĀ for a local farmer šŸ˜šŸ˜

only problem is I can only find one of my .22 mags ...Ā 

the question is . Do the ā€œnew versionā€ .22 ultra mags fit A 8 year old MMCĀ Ā ??
iĀ can get new one of tinterweb for about Ā£40 delivered but canā€™t find old style Or does anyone have any for saleĀ 

thanks in advance SS šŸ‘šŸ‘

There are a few different incarnations of the bsa mag over the years.Ā 

The one you want is the first generation red drum mag .its identifiedĀ  by its shinyĀ  red drum and has a small cut out in the plastic housing for the mmc mag indexer to lift into when its cooked.Ā 

OrĀ  you can remove this mag indexing pin and use the latest red drum mag (a dark dull red colour ) and it will be fine .

4 minutes ago, Ultrastu said:

There are a few different incarnations of the bsa mag over the years.Ā 

The one you want is the first generation red drum mag .its identifiedĀ  by its shinyĀ  red drum and has a small cut out in the plastic housing for the mmc mag indexer to lift into when its cooked.Ā 

OrĀ  you can remove this mag indexing pin and use the latest red drum mag (a dark dull red colour ) and it will be fine .

LEGEND ! So if I buy this one and file this off it should be all gravy ?Ā Ā 

2D0D44FA-CECF-4C28-840B-383BEA59E930.jpeg

DONT FILE THAT OFF .

Thats the mag locating pin.Ā 

The mag indexing pin is part of the gunĀ 

Its metal and rises up out of the gun into the magazine from below and pushes a small silver tab on the mag that makes it go round to the next chamber (on the old silver drum mags designed for the mmc guns .)Ā 

Hold on will try find some images .

So the silver originalĀ  magĀ  see image has a cut out with a silver tab in side it .the indexing pin rises to push it .

The shiny red mag has the cut out to allow for your pin to lift into (but doesn't need it for the mag to rotate (this is your easiest option .)Ā 

The dull red mag has no cut out at all and requires the indexing pin to be removed other wise it will jab in to yourĀ  magazine and stop the trigger from working .

Screenshot_20210310-165052_Google.jpg

Screenshot_20210310-165028_Google.jpg

Screenshot_20210310-165121_Google.jpg

Screenshot_20210310-164949_Google.jpg

No 47 indexing pin .

20210310_165900.jpg

On 10/03/2021 at 16:48, Ultrastu said:

DONT FILE THAT OFF .

Thats the mag locating pin.Ā 

The mag indexing pin is part of the gunĀ 

Its metal and rises up out of the gun into the magazine from below and pushes a small silver tab on the mag that makes it go round to the next chamber (on the old silver drum mags designed for the mmc guns .)Ā 

Hold on will try find some images .

Thanks mate appreciate all that info šŸ‘šŸ‘šŸ‘

Ā 

SS

• 9 months later...

I purchased one of the new type magazines for my Ultra MMC. It didnt work because of the index pin but rather than remove the pin thereby stopping me from using the original mag as well I drilled a small hole in the new one just big enough to allow the index pin to rise into the empty space on the new mag. Dont drill too deep or too big and it works perfectly allowing me to use both types of mag. I do have pictures if anyone needs more info.

• 2 years later...

Sorry to jump in on this thread guys but a friend of mine has acquired a BSA Ultra which I think looks like a Mk1. The rifle is in fantastic condition but the magazines are a bit tatty and prone to causing problems. It was suggested but another air gunner that he get the newer plastic bodied BAS mags but mentioned he may have to remove the indexing pin. With not Ā much experience with the airgun and getting on in life my friend is not to keen on stripping the rifle down to do this and there are no reliable airgun shops/gunsmiths in our area.Ā 

Can anyone help with a procedure or photos on what the part(s) needed to be removed are or a link to a video etc?? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers, Kev